David Bowie Is: Brooklyn Museum Exclusive Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mBen989, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

There are 8 songs on the album. That link is listing it as an e.p., but at that price I'm sure it's the album.

2. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Yes that is the same as the digital ep that came out last year. Worrying. Wouldn’t want to get the wrong one.

3. Well worth nabbing this if you can - it's a fun listen, and quite different to Stage and the recent Blackout set.

4. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

I found out via an email from the museum that showed a photo of the LP. I then went to the museum website and, weirdly, had to hunt for it--it wasn't one of the featured items. And yes, it seems they got the product wrong in the link. That's strange marketing for an item that flew off their shelves!

ralphb likes this.
  5. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I had no idea the vinyl would be available from the online museum shop. Hell yeah. iBowie, come on down.

6. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

I had a visitor from California who bought that limited edition and it is quite lovely. That extra book is devoted exclusively to Bowie's time spent living here in New York City..

7. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'm still pretty miffed at them making the vault live releases RSD-only, but they've appeared on streaming within a few months, so at least I can listen to and enjoy digital versions of them. Even the 'exclusive' box set stuff is on there. They've done a solid job of keeping the entirety of his in-print catalog available for streaming, which I think is the best thing for his legacy (and for continued long-term revenue for the estate).

ralphb likes this.
  8. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Nice items and some proceeds go to museum as well.
    Grabbed Berlin,ISelect and 45...

9. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Ordered Berlin/iSelect. 45 out of stock for now. Will try again next week.

NightGoatToCairo likes this.
  10. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

What was P&P to yours?

11. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

$30 to the Netherlands for 2 records. Not cheap, but still cheaper than the prices on eBay/Discogs.

Cat People and NightGoatToCairo like this.
  12. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Thanks. I ordered the two that are available.

13. NightGoatToCairo

Berlin L.P. I 'need' it more than I want it :realmad:

14. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

I attended the exhibit three weeks ago. The 7 inch single was not available but the Berlin and ISelect were well stocked. The exhibit was amazing. A life long fan of our favorite "alien" here. If every decade needs a musical hero assigned to it, Bowie owns the 1970's and he left a trail of proof at the Brooklyn Museum that stretched into the 80's, 90's and 00's.
    Bowie is IMPORTANT.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  15. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

awesome tip off. I nabbed iselect and Berlin.

16. A big thank you to Gregg @rubberhead for picking up and sending me the Live In Berlin (1978) L.P. and the "Time" / "Prettiest Star" pic sleeve 45 from the Bowie exhibition. Really enjoying the live LP.

[​IMG]

mBen989, rubberhead and xTraPlaylists like this.
  17. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I'm playing the ISelect vinyl right now. I have gotten through side 1 and am starting side 2 now.

The selection of songs, with notes by Bowie, are fine. The sound, however, while tonally balanced, is quite compressed. It's taking some of the life out of the music. Anyone else have a similar impression?

18. djcavanagh

djcavanagh Forum Resident

Seems to be $45 shipping to the UK for one or two records. Anyone want to go halves - I only want the Berlin record but $95 for two seems a lot more palatable than $70 for one.

19. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Shipping for the Time 7" to the Netherlands is $45, while I paid $30 in shipping for the Berlin/iSelect 12"'-es? :o No thanks.

20. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Items status now restocking on the website. Sold out or really restocking ?

21. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Got my Berlin/iSelect last week. Some damage to the corners, but never got a reply from the museum. Time 7" was delivered yesterday and was fortunately not damaged.

22. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I imagine that if it's making money for the museum, they'll keep getting them.

23. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

My iselect and live Berlin arriving soon hopefully

24. NightGoatToCairo

That's a shame. Keep pestering them. Hope you get a result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.