David Cassidy, RIP.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

TRex's Flo and Eddie?
    I'd associate them first with The Turtles and second with The Mothers.

Of course they did guest spots with many many other artists. That is them on Hungry Heart too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    MikaelaArsenault and oldturkey like this.
  2. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Apparently got drunk fell asleep and dropped a cigarette. Got roasted. Very similar end to Viv Stanshall of Bonzo's fame.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

Steve Marriott went in a similar way IIRC.

4. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Ironic, the visual matter.

5. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

In Viv's case it was faulty wiring, I believe.
    That is to say of the apartment in which he lived!

oldturkey and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  6. I have to admit that i took his photo to a hair dresser friend and she styled mine like his!! Never told anyone about that until now. I was never a fan but liked the TV show. So sad to die so young. RIP

MikaelaArsenault and Actuarybrad like this.
  7. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

David had the biggest fan club in history, he was that huge.
    In the UK he was a massive heartthrob in the early to mid 70's. The first 70's heartthrob in the UK was Marc Bolan, David Cassidy quickly followed and then took over, David was then joined by Donny Osmond. I remember nearly every girly in my year at school loved him.
    I loved his early records, both solo and with The Partridge Family, I also loved his 80's comeback single The Last Kiss.
    There was a great documentary on him a few years back on the BBC.

Randoms, oldturkey, duggan and 3 others like this.
  8. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Yes, I remember that documentary. What was it called? I can’t find it on YouTube.

bob60 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  9. Paulette

Paulette Forum Resident

I didn't watch a lot of this show but I saw this one. Thank you Mazzy. And thank you David :love:

10. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery

...I don"t think that 80s comeback single even CAME OUT in America!:yikes:

post: 17595221, member: 45606"]David had the biggest fan club in history, he was that huge.
    In the UK he was a massive heartthrob in the early to mid 70's. The first 70's heartthrob in the UK was Marc Bolan, David Cassidy quickly followed and then took over, David was then joined by Donny Osmond. I remember nearly every girly in my year at school loved him.
    I loved his early records, both solo and with The Partridge Family, I also loved his 80's comeback single The Last Kiss.
    There was a great documentary on him a few years back on the BBC.[/QUOTE]

bob60 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  11. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I can't remember, there has actually been two. The most recent one was narrated by Caroline Quentin but there was another one years before that.
    I will check it out when i am back in londres.

12. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I think one may have been called Teenage Dream or something.

13. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I understand some people with the onset of dementia or Alzheimers drink when they realize their frustration of not remembering things.

14. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

I don't know the details, but you can get what is called alcohol-induced pre-senile dementia - I have encountered such people. Cassidy claimed his was hereditary though, I know that, but his drinking started in the 70s way before he developed dementia.

15. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I asociate them with T.Rex as I have never heard a song by The Turtles or The Mother's.

16. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Yes you are right, it is called korsokoff and is well known within the alcohol addiction field.

17. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

you really should check out The Turtles, songs like Elinore are really great...Mothers might be way too avant for your taste however

18. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Have you never heard Happy Together, or did you not know it was by The Turtles?
    It is difficult to imagine how someone could avoid exposure to that song. I would guess it makes the top 100 all time airplay list.

19. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Ah ok, if that is who it is then I have heard them, or that song at least.
    Their background vocals on the T.Rex records were fantastic, very powerful and distinctive. Are they like that on other records?

Randoms likes this.
  20. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I am not real familiar with the extent of their contributions to TRex. I basically know Get It On and some of their acoustic duo stuff.

21. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

Absolutely loved this clip! Did me a world of good. David's bow to the audience is classic. Where's the triple like button when you need it?

22. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I like this rare clip with 'Looking Through The Eyes Of Love' playing over basically clips of David on the set.
    I see Susan Dey, so I imagine this is a PF set. Wounder which episode?

Darryl

23. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

24. FredV

FredV Senior Member

25. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

I love that clip, but it does look like all three of them had been fully enjoying the green room's refreshments beforehand. You gotta love the 70s!
    BTW, the link to the LP version of Darlin' I posted below that is actually the single version with the rerecorded vocal cunningly disguised as the LP version. The original and better (imo) vinyl LP version vocal is nowhere to be seen on YouTube, but a 30 second sample of it can be heard on the below Amazon clip from the butchered 2 minute track on the Greatest Hits cd - the vocal is much better - more powerful, more sustain on the vocals, it has a raw raspy feel on parts which on the ubiquitous single mix is more the smooth smokey style. Overall it has a lot more balls and passion imo:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001GUEC2A/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk17

I think the full original vocal track is available on this 7Ts label twofer cd which I just ordered:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dreams-Nuthin-Wishes-Higher-Climb/dp/B008PDRNWM
    but the mp3 Autorip is just Dreams are Nuthin'.

If you mean the one with Voice Of The Beehive, Nina Myscow and Anthea Turner (?) on it this is it:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.