dbpoweramp Song title/Artists metadata question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Heavy Music, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavy Music

Heavy Music Forum Resident Thread Starter

When ripping FLAC, each song title metadata is written in the album folder as:
    01 Humble Pie - Shine On

But I want:
    01 - Shine On

I am currently using a work-around by deleting the Artist name before ripping, but this also removes the Artist's name from the Artist column in the folder. So after ripping, I have to re-insert the Artists name with Tag&Rename to get the Artist name to populate the Artist column, sucks but it works, and is a lot more busy work than I need to do. Any help would be very much appreciated, Thanks!

2. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Paste this into the Naming field in the lower left corner: [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] ([year]) [[encoder]]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] ([year]) [[encoder]]\[track] - [title][]

and it'll give you output like this: Madonna - Immaculate (2003) [FLAC]\05 - Holiday

Ham Sandwich likes this.
  3. Heavy Music

Heavy Music Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks jamesc, so simple a caveman can do it. I guess that's why I had trouble. I should have been a caveman!

timztunz and jamesc like this.
  4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

There are two Artists name fields, did you notice this? One is Album Artist the other one is just Artist.

5. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

Album artist - the artist the whole album associated with. Artist is the artist for each track
    Example : 1967-1970, disc 2
    Album Artist Beatles, The
    04-Beatles, the - Get Back
    Artist: Beatles, the & Billy Preston

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.