DC and Marvel Comic book references?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Doctor, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Don't know why but I always equated Ms. Marvel with Power Girl. Especially when Frank Cho drew her. I know Super/Powergirl are essentially the same character but....

2. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I haven't read them all but I really like the way Carol Dancers appears to be with the whole Alpha Flight and Civil War stories.

3. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Concerning that version of Supergirl (fusion of Matrix and Linda Danvers), the series ended with Linda meeting the Pre-Crisis Supergirl. She attempted to take Kara's place in Crisis... but it didn't work and Linda lost her husband (Superman of that world) and daughter (who eventually becomes the Supergirl of DC One Million). Linda was so devastated by her losses that she left for parts unknown with no desire to be found. She left a final letter for Clark where she explains her reasons for leaving, along with the skateboard that was featured on the cover of issue #1. Soon after that, a new Supergirl appeared who had basically the same origin as the Pre-Crisis Supergirl.

beccabear67 likes this.
  4. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

I would really have to say that I prefer Marvel stories at this point. The movies and the characters are substantially better than DC. I don't read comics anymore but I still go to the theater every week. My favorite Marvel characters are Captain America, Captain Marvel, Iron Man and the Black Panther.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Jack Kirby who was the forgotten genius of Marvel went to work for DC, maybe some of his Marvel type creations will see light of day under DC‘s umbrella.

6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Pretty sure the para-demons in the Batman/Superman movie are Kirby creations. There's probably more in there but I never was a big fan of Kirby's DC run so I can't be sure.

7. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

DC on tv has been better than DC movies, liking the Doom Patrol series so far (but then I never read the Morrison ones so it's a different version than I've been familiar with).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.