DCC Archive DCC Gold Disc sightings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry Naramore, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead Thread Starter

Tower Records in Glendale, Jethro Tull, Jim Croce - Words and Music, Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus, CCR Pendulem, Jackson Browne -Late for Sky and The Pretender, Badfinger - No Dice, Beach Boys - Spirit of America, Doobies - Best of, Doors - Doors, Eagles - Hotel California, Linda Ronstadt - Greatest Hits, Judy Collins - Colors of the Day, McCartney - Red Rose Speedway, Steve Miller Greatest Hits and Fly Like an Eagle, Queensryche - Empire, Bonnie Rait - Luck Of the Draw and Nick Of Time, Sinatra 57, Frank, Dean and Sammy - The Summit In Concert, Frank Sinatra - Robin and Seven Hoods. At Borders Book Store, Metalica - Ride The Lightning and Master Puppets

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: Larry Naramore ]

2. KLM

KLM Senior Member

I just saw a copy of John Coltrane's Lush Life (sealed) Gold cd for $20 at a Record and Tape Trader and I recently picked up a sealed lp of Aqualung for $28.

3. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

My local Circ/City had Queen's "A Night At The Opera", Cream's "Wheels Of Fire" and I bought them. The only DCC left is Doobies Best of which I may go back and get.

4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

Roosevelt Field Mall - Nassau County, Long Island - Creedence Clearwater, Chronicles. Been there at least a year. Sticker reads $36.99.

Might be there for another.....

5. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead Thread Starter

Uncle Al. Is Long Island NY the place where they had the barge full of garbage that nobody wanted? How much are dumping fees per ton for trash nowadays? Back then I think they were over $100 a ton though I may be mistaken.How's this for off topic?

6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Somethings strange is going on in these "hear" parts! Walked into the HMV in the mall. They have never had a DCC gold disk in there before but now they have B Raitt and Queensrych Empire.

They were NOT there a week ago!

I asked about them, got the usual shrug and the "I dunno" stock answer.

Don't forget DCC will be at the "Lost Wages" CES show in early Jan.

Is someone clearing out the DCC warehouse in preparation for new stock? Is this intended to generate interest and a DCC 'presence' in stores just prior new stock? Hmmmmmm ! :D

7. ED in NY

ED in NY New Member

The Eagles-Hotel California @ FYE in Colonie Center, Albany NY. Around $30ish. HUGE store, very high prices & dumber than hell employees...

-ED

8. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Ya know what - we should start collecting stories about dumb advice and responses from music stores and stereo stores... and list them in a month or two. What a hilaious thread that'd be!

Or it would be really sad.....

9. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Bought the following at a Media Play store in Saginaw, MI a couple of weeks ago:

Queen - Night at the Opera
    Queensryche - Empire
    Eagles - Hotel California
    Eagles - Greatest Hits
    Jethro Tull - Original Masters

Paid $26.99 for each.

They also had both Metallica releases, Jefferson Starship - Red Octopus, Doors - Doors and LA Woman and The Beach Boys - Spirit of America.

Went back to get the Metallica releases a few days later and they were gone. Asked the in store help about the possibility of restocking these discs. He promptly went over to a computer and typed in DCC. Nothing. Typed in Metallica. List comes up with no reference to DCC releases. These dics must magically appear on the shelves. No inventory record. That can't be. Anyway, went over to Circuit City (next door) and they had them both for $27.99.

Drybasement

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Drybasement ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.