DCC Pet Sounds disc at Audiogon

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Mike V, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike V

Mike V New Member Thread Starter

If someone needs this, you better act fast! I imagine somebody might have already snapped it up...

Pet Sounds

2. Mike V

Mike V New Member Thread Starter

I sure hope one of you doodz jumped all over this one. You don't see many of these for $24, in mint shape no less! :D

Good luck...

3. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

I think I got it but I don't know yet!

4. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

But how would I know? It's not instantaneous like the bay! But guys, I would like this so (teeth bared) please uh, shovel the driveway or something, oh, oh, look!! A mint Mono Sgt. Pepper with a buy it now for $10.00 USD!!!!!

That'll distract the lot of you!!

5. stever

stever Senior Member

My God, I don't check Audiogon for two days and look what happens! Hope you got it, syd!

6. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

I didn't and the guy was uh real charming in his e-mail back to me.

sold

I reply "does that mean sold to me or it has been sold and not to me"

this morning I get a message

"sorry sold"

Now whatever happened to salutations?

7. stever

stever Senior Member

Oh, you mean whatever happened to manners? To pleasantries? Some of these folks I correspond with on eBay, well, I'd like to reach through the connection and ... But then I decide to take the high road and simply refuse to bid on their product. Yea, that'll teach them! :D

8. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

Maybe (s)he was just being straight forward? :D

9. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Well, at least you got a reply. It's amazing to me that some people will list an item for sale, neglect to remove the ad or mark it as already sold (or sale pending), and then ignore emails asking to buy the item. I can understand someone wanting to keep a listing "alive" in case the first prospective buyer does not follow through, but sending a courtesy email indicating that a sale is already pending seems easy enough to me.

10. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Yes and the use of predicates and adjectives in conjunction with nouns will make this communication good for everyone. The seller is from Toronto, thereby making it doubly painful and embarrassing.

Oh well, what's for tea darling?

"They pick the round and I pick the guy"

11. Ben

Ben New Member

Geez...all the guy did was write back and say "sold." The he said "sorry, sold."

What would you like?

Ben

12. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Not an argument per say, just some politeness. 'sold' doesn't tell me to who, me or 78 other people who have viewed the page. A day later to answer my polite query of what the one word meant, resulted in two words.

I am sorry if this doesn't seem reasonable or appropriate. It's just my bringing up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.