DCC Archive DCC Waylon Jennings Discs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by njwiv, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member Thread Starter

Steve,

Thanks to Bradley's recommendation, I picked up the DCC reissues of Dreaming My Dreams and Ol' Waylon.

Although I'm not a huge country fan by any means (my taste tends toward "classic rock"), I do have a great appreciation for Willie, Waylon and the like.

Dreaming My Dreams is a true classic and very worthy of your touch. From Ol' Waylon, "Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love)" in particular is a major sentimental favorite from my days as a youngster in Texas.

I just wanted to thank you for the amazing job you did on these discs. "Luckenbach" is absolutely breathtaking! Unfortunately, the rest of the Ol' Waylon album doesn't match those standards (Waylon's fault, not yours). In any event, this is unquestionably the only version of "Luckenbach" worth owning.

Many thanks,

Jay

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Jay ]

2. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Jay, two more must haves are Bob Wills & The Texas Playboys featuring Tommy Duncan "HALL OF FAME" and Johnny Cash "SUNDAY MORNING COMING DOWN"

3. Evan

Evan Senior Member

I have a copy of Dreamin my Dreams and I too think that it is quite good. I would recommend it to anyone. Great job Steve! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.