De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Yes, shocked to find it’s now fifty quid. Insanity. Deagostini is a bargain, though I suspect they’ve disappeared fast this Christmas.

On the other hand, I got an original Dutch copy this morning for eight quid. Fantastic condition, near mint, thing sounds incredible. Quite frankly, one of the best copies I’ve ever heard.

2. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I bought the Deagostini today. Plus lots of Whisky in Tesco's. Lots of great offers. I recommend the 12 Year old Glenfiddich. Anyhow, the Deagostini sounds brilliant. Flawless. I'm struggling to tell it is not AAA!

BlueSpeedway likes this.
  3. culabula

culabula Unread author.

G'way er that! Black Bush is yer only man.

Somerset Scholar likes this.
  4. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

One can buy the regular Red and Blue albums for $35 in NYC

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  5. culabula

culabula Unread author.

What do you mean by "regular"?

6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

The AAA pressings from 2014. Non DeAgostini. That is what I mean

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  7. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Lucky you. However, in Europe, the price has gone through the roof. Why, I don’t know. Consequently the DeAgostini, at half the price, are somewhat of a bargain (subject to availability).

Mlle. Aurora likes this.
  8. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

After sitting with the DeAgostini pressing of the Red album, I found it inferior to the AAA pressing from 2014. So, I’ve passed on the Blue.

I do prefer the DeAgostini versions of the core catalog. They sound better than the 2012 reissues

9. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Yes, it’s digital.

10. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

If the Analogue pressing of this album sounds significantly better I’m guessing there must not be much in it sonically as the Blue album for me sounds absolutely lovely. I’ve got the original from the 70s in my collection but it’s filed away in my stack of 15 flight boxes probably at the bottom row so they won’t be coming out to compare the two!....

11. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

The Anthologies are €75 each in Golden Discs!

12. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Picked the Blue up with the foil for the turkey this morning.

It’s a nice package. (The LP, not the foil).

13. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Bet your life I could tell the difference between the AAA and digital. The 2014 AAA blue album sounds better than a UK first press. Try looking at Amazon sellers. 'Assai-uk' have them for £38 and they are a very reliable seller with good packaging and dealing with returns. I checked and I paid over £31 each from Amazon when released.

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  14. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Yes, that I knew, but the question pertained to the AAA 1967-1970, which until recently, was available for 33GBP approx. 49 is nuts!

15. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Ah, but listening to the LP will be a good foil for the eating of the turkey.

16. culabula

culabula Unread author.

At the time, I ordered both from Amazon Germany where they were 27€ each!

17. seanjennings

seanjennings Member

Picked up my copy, of the Blue 67-70, in my local Tesco's yesterday I was lucky to get one, they only had 2 in stock. Must have sold quickly, with it being xmas, people buying them, as xmas presents possibly.
    Nice packaging, the sleeve, and labels, are a darker blue shade, than the original glossy, thick cardboard lyric inners, i've replaced them, with poly lined, anti static inners, nice insert. The vinyl, looks, v.clean, and flawless, Disc 2, Side 3, looks a bit dirty, will give it a clean, it should'nt affect the S.Q.

Looking forward, to giving it a spin, over the xmas wkend, if it sounds, like the Red 62-66, i'm in for a treat..
    This is an upgrade copy, for me, as i have an original German Import copy, but 1 disc, is scratched, as i've owned it, now for over 35 yrs, and played it to death, i was playing it, the other night, the S.Q, on that is fantastic.

18. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Just checked Amazon Germany where the Red and Blue AAA are still just 33€ each and Anthology 3 is around 39€!

swedgin likes this.
  19. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I was very also very lucky to pick up the AAA 2014 red and blue for only £20 each just after they came out - from BestSellerRecordShop in the Netherlands.

20. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Score! I got Van Morrison's "Duets" from the same crowd - for six pounds. Unfortunately it was shoithe.

JP Christian likes this.
  21. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

Just listening to blue now..... on the 2014 AAA cut does the intro to ‘A Day In The Life’ have the crowd noise fading in from what would have been on the end of the reprise of Sgt Pepper? I thought that 1967-70 was unique in that it had a clean guitar intro to ADITL

Somerset Scholar likes this.
  22. stagnation

stagnation Forum Resident

Great business BestSellerRecordShop. I bought most of The Who and Queen vinyl reissued from them. Great service

JP Christian likes this.
  23. culabula

culabula Unread author.

As I recall the original release did not have the clean intro and the 2014 apes that.

The clean into first appeared on the soundtrack LP to Imagine and after that was added to the Blue, supplanting the earlier version.

If memory serves, etc. E&OE.

24. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I seem to recall delivery was slower than other Marketplace sellers.

25. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Quite content with my '73 UK AAA copy, thank you.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.