De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

Just recieved the power pack a few minutes ago, in all honesty it’s probably the most useful item out of all the gifts. It’s all metal construction and is pretty good, no notebook to date.

I have recieved another backpack, mug, and record mat though? All free of charge.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Did these free gifts include a 'tote bag'? I see one individual selling all his gifts on eBay, including a 'tote bag' which I don’t feel to be part of the original offerings.

That said bag bears the nonsensical legend « Paris de Sports » only deepens my suspicions.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. Simon B Kelly

Simon B Kelly Forum Resident

Nope, still waiting... I suppose we should send them a gentle reminder...

4. Gibson67

No I recieved just the backpack, like you rightly said a tote bag was not part of the subscription.

5. SAPCOR1

SAPCOR1 Forum Resident

Still no gifts, no replacement box, however they did take an extra £53.98 by Direct Debit yesterday!!!

Anyone paying by DD mandate should check their bank account

6. Simon B Kelly

According to their website: "We will debit your credit card or bank account after we have sent you a delivery. There is no fixed date that we will do this but it will be approximately every 30 days, unless notified otherwise. If you are paying by direct debit, please check on the delivery note included with your parcel as this will specify a date on or around when your account will be debited."

So that debit will be for the last parcel we received...

7. Supes

Supes New Member

That's a good point actually. Is it worth cancelling the direct debit now that the series is over?
    What is everyone else doing in regards to that?

8. horslips

horslips I'd rather be out on my bike!

Seems replacement "Hard Days Night" discs are back in stock. Mine shipped on the 16th automatically (notwithstanding that they asked me to check back in a few weeks).

9. Simon B Kelly

I've just fired off an email to them requesting a replacement record #10 (i.e. AHDN) and also mentioned that I'm missing the power bank and notebook.

Total amount debited from my account for this series was £515.77 as a "premium" subscriber so with just 2000 subscribers DeAgostini would be grossing over a million pounds. Add on to that all the copies sold through newsagents and they should be taking millions more, so hopefully there was a decent enough profit in it for them to cover all the replacements they've had to send out and to encourage them to do another collection. Talking of which, here is the final page of the survey that I filled in back in June last year:

[​IMG]

Obviously they must have a good relationship with Apple Corps if they're considering more Beatle product...

Mr. Explorer and OneStepBeyond like this.
  10. Jimbo Jobson

Jimbo Jobson Forum Resident

When this survey was sent out (to everybody who had ever subscribed) I phoned them to enquire if there was any movement on any of the ideas.

I was told by a manager that no further series in relation to the Beatles would be happening. I take it this was down to a lack of sales for the main series, or the all the money they lost on replacements.

To be honest, I don’t care either way as will not be taking part in a DeAgostini partwork again but I’m sure some on here would like to continue with the fortnightly punishment.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. SAPCOR1

SAPCOR1 Forum Resident

I understand that, however I checked back on all the DD’s taken with dates and amounts and an extra payment was taken this month in error.

DD now cancelled and refund made

12. SAPCOR1

SAPCOR1 Forum Resident

Abbey Road £9.99

Sgt Pepper £18.99

Help! £18.99

White Album £26.99

Rubber Soul £18.99

MMT £18.99

Yellow Submarine £18.99

For Sale £18.99

Love £26.99

1962/66 £26.99

With The Beatles £18.99

Anthology 1 £26.99

Revolver £18.99

Anthology 2 £26.99

BBC 1 £26.99

Please Please Me £18.99

BBC 2 £26.99

Let It Be £18.99

One £26.99

Anthology 3 £26.99

1967/70 £26.99

£469.79

13. SAPCOR1

SAPCOR1 Forum Resident

Forgot

A Hard Day’s Night - £18.99
    Past Masters - £26.99

14. Simon B Kelly

Er... that's only 21 albums - there are 23 in the series. You missed out Vols. 10 (the infamous AHDN) and 23 (Past Masters). Did you not get those two?

I checked back on my account and found 12 payments between March 2017 and January 2018 which covers all 23. The last two payments were both £53.98 to cover Vols. 20-23 which were the doubles and triple to round off the series...

SAPCOR1 likes this.
  15. Simon B Kelly

Most surprised by the DeAgostini customer service. I emailed them at 4am this morning as posted up-thread and received a response at 10am:

16. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member Thread Starter

Likely you caught them just at the right time - hence the rapid reply - your email must have been near the top of their 'In Box.' :)

17. SAPCOR1

SAPCOR1 Forum Resident

I did and then realised, how could I forget AHDN?

With regards to the DD I had one taken on Monday and then again on Tuesday

18. tezca

tezca Forum Resident

I just received my fixed AHDN. Free.

Thanks Agostini!

19. correctodad

correctodad Forum Resident

I checked that list and while I have a few of those on vinyl already, I would certainly be interested if such a series was released in the UK.

20. Jimbo Jobson

Jimbo Jobson Forum Resident

Just received a delivery from DeAgostini. Two more copies of Hard Days Night.

I now have 8 copies of this record from this series. I haven’t paid for any.

Words escape me.

21. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

Unreal!, you buys one you gets 8 free!. Mind you they have sent me one (unfixed) expecting another one fixed, and they sent me two revolver which should have been AHDN a few months ago.
    Are They an offshoot of that building firm perhaps!.

22. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

:eek::laugh:

23. misterP

misterP Well-Known Member

I’m still waiting for my notebook and powerbank. Did you chase or have they just turned up? No sign of them being sent on my account page.

24. misterP

misterP Well-Known Member

Your account screen at DA must be in such a mess now that they have no idea what they are sending you! Are these copies of the the corrected AHDN? I still have not got one of those...!

25. Gibson67

I happened to check my account on their website and saw they’d been despatched, never did get the notebook!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.