Dead & Company: The Grateful Dead Is Resurrected (Again), This Time With John Mayer *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Aug 5, 2015.

1. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I downloaded the Austin show in HD FLAC from the Nugs.net site and have played through it twice so far. It really is a great show and all around exceeded my expectations going in. This was much better than The Dead show I saw at Willie Nelson’s 4th of July picnic about 15 years ago w Jimmy Herring in the 2nd guitar spot.
    I would go see this lineup again for sure.

2. j3brow

j3brow Forum Resident

Agree. The Austin show smokes from beginning to end. I have the nugs app and have streamed every Dead&Co show on this fall leg and Austin is a gem along with many other nights. These guys are firing on all cylinders. I hope the same magic is there when New Orleans is re-scheduled.

BillG likes this.
  3. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

The last 2 Florida concerts have now officially been postponed too.

4. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

5. KDubATX

Good for them. I'm halfway tempted to buy a ticket for the re-scheduled New Orleans show as the gig I saw was much better than I had expected.

6. Quick reminder that gross does not mean profit.

7. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

Heard some of their stuff on XM Jam On channel. Enough for me to want to check in to them more.

8. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Saw this on Reddit :yikes:

[​IMG]

Waymore Lonesome likes this.
  9. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Upside of the digital age: Finding a good, new to you restaurant on your phone. Downside: This.

max4334, bzfgt, O Don Piano and 6 others like this.
  10. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

If you ask me, one of the greatest recorded moments post-Grateful Dead is the "Corrina" from Only the Strange Remain... and other versions from that tour.

I'm not sure why anyone finds some of that material that much different from anything the Dead has ever written/performed. They have a very rich, broad and diverse repertoire. "Corrina" is a fantastic song, if played well... as are most of the songs. I think people have heard poorly played versions over and over again and have just mentally rejected the songs.

ianuaditis, wavethatflag and trd like this.
  11. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

12. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Probably will head up to Alpine for weekend -- it was quite the hoot last time.

13. KDubATX

Pitching a trip to Boulder to the wife.

thewolfshead likes this.
  14. This looks like the closest to me. I've never been - what's it like to stay/get to from the venue? I've heard nothing but great things about shows there.

15. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

We're hitting both Boulder shows as usual, plus New Mexico and The Gorge. :yikes:

16. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

We always camp. Some campsites are closer to Apline than others. A bit tricky getting into the venue - due to location and two-lane roads leading in, but if you get there early and stick around afterwards for a bit - no real issues.

Last time they did not 'officially' allow vending - though a small shakedown did pop up in the lot that I was at. Hopefully they allow vending this time around.

Definitely get to the venue early - chill and enjoy.

17. Thanks! I actually just read something on the GD reddit about Alpine Valley opening camping in one of the lots this year.

Ideally I'd like to avoid having to worry about driving after the show.

18. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Thanks - Didn't see that part Alpine allowing camping - I don' think they have allowed that in ages.

19. One_L

One_L Forum Resident

Signing up for presale, the resale registration page asks to "Select Show", the Boulder shows are unlisted.

20. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Yup. Coming to ABQ :)

MonkeyMan likes this.
  21. One_L likes this.
  22. Senor Muddy

Senor Muddy Forum Resident

yep, Boulder not TM, same as the last two years and if history repeats itself a very easy ticket to obtain.

One_L and jazz_case like this.
  23. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I sure would like to take two weeks and to the Washington to LA run. In this day and age that would cost a small fortune.

ianuaditis likes this.
  24. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Wish they were playing in VA/DC/MD. Might swing Raleigh, but that's 4 hours plus away. What's a mid-Atlantic Deadhead to do?

Jack Lord likes this.
  25. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I'll only be able to do 2nd night of CitiField.

JuanTCB likes this.