Deadpool 2 (opens May 2018)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Can someone here tell me about what was said after the credits when you know who has a cameo?
    Honestly between my laughter and the people around me, I barely heard a thing

2. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about... it isn't what was said that was important as much as what was done.

Deadpool made an appearance on screen in 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Or...a character by the name of Deadpool made an appearance in that movie. But that character was so far removed from the traditional version of the character that it could be (and has been) argued that the version in that movie doesn't even count.

Ryan Reynolds version took care of that.

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

First one is better imo.
    At the box office ?

4. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

Vitally important detail - Ryan Reynolds also played *that* Deadpool. :D

5. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Full disclosure...I did not know that. Still funny though

6. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Just got back from seeing it. It had some cute moments, but as much as I enjoyed the first one, this one seemed obvious and forced and too pleased with itself. My girlfriend liked it much more than I did. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to see this. *shrug*

spewey and alexpop like this.
  7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Good observation " forced". The kid zapped the lifeforce out the film for me, and X -Force was more X-Bore.

Solaris likes this.
  8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I think Kevin Smith agrees with you!

enro99 likes this.
  9. vince

Boy, did they luck-out, putting this out a month before all these 'suicides' happened, huh?

10. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Finally saw this last night. I liked it better than the first one.

11. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I felt that since the character and the general outrageousness were no longer a novelty, the story needed to be stronger, and I found myself not really caring about the story.

12. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Saw it last night. Thought it was just ok compared to the 1st.

13. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Saw this for the 2nd time today. Went back by myself just to try to catch all the quick jokes that I missed the first time around (missed them because either people laughing so hard or because they were so fast and I wasn't paying attention.)

Well, I did catch a few more jokes the 2nd time that I didn't the first time. My favorite one that I caught this time around that I didn't the first time was when Deadpool got blown through a window (I think at the rehab school where the pervs were torturing the kids) and landed near a kid eating breakfast cereal. Deadpool picks it up, says a few lines to the kid and autographs the Cereal box. I remember all that from the first time too but what I didn't catch the first time was when he put the box down, the autograph signed was "Ryan Reynolds" and not "Deadpool" or "Wade Wilson". That one made me chuckle and I was surprised I didn't catch that the first time.

But there was one today that really made me laugh out loud really hard and for the life of me I can't now remember what the joke was because it went by really fast. I think it was just a one-liner along with the Visual that would not make sense without either (the visual and the line said together made it work.) When it happened, I tried to make a mental note of it because it was so funny but it just didn't stick with me. I think it may have been a reference to another movie, but not positive. I will have to see it a third time to try to catch it again. I will wait for discount theatre or when it comes to a movie cable channel.

X-Force auditions in the movie still make me laugh, especially The Vanisher's. "Is he here?'....."He's not here". And when they were on the plane ready to jump out, all you saw was his backpack the whole time until he hit the electrical wires. That made me laugh both times I saw it.

Bill Skarsgard's Zeitgeist scenes were gruesome but funny, especially when he got caught in that grinder contraption and ended up spitting all over Peter, thus killing him too.

I thought it was funny when Deadpool called Cable "Thanos" in one scene. I think I missed that the first time around too. I did catch the "Too Dark" reference about DC Universe, though, the first time.

BGLeduc likes this.
  14. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Did you catch who was playing him?

Chris from Chicago and neo123 like this.
  15. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I knew about that after the first time I saw it (didn't know it at the time, though.)

16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

My son hasn’t seen his old pal for many a moon so I took the two boys out to the cinema to see Deadpool 2. For two hours I felt as though I had been strapped in a straight jacket from which there was no escape, And Rigamortus of my spine was taking place with every creeping minute.. If I ever hear Paul Rudd make another wisecrack, I’m going to give myself cancer.

17. The Hud

I don't think Paul Rudd is in Deadpool 2.

musicfan37 and Andy Mitri like this.
  18. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Maybe he was an ant on the ground.:laugh:

19. vince

Oh, he'll make another one.... in "ANT MAN & THE WASP"!
    Coming this week, to theaters near YOU!

Dudley Morris likes this.
  20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Sorry, Ryan Reynold. I get the pretty boys mixed up.

I would have to say this movie makes Suicide Squad look complex and intriguing.

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Paul Rudd is a "pretty boy"??? :confused:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Thank goodness someone agrees with my general take. I finally saw the first one and thought it was dreadful, like one of those bad SNL franchises derived from a good five-minute skit that grinds on your nerves at movie length. And it had about as much plot as an SNL skit.

For something similar that I thought was far, far superior, I would recommend the first KICK-ASS film.

23. The Hud

My Ant thinks so. :)

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

How does your Wasp feel? ;)

Back on topic: Paul Rudd is clearly a good-looking guy, but I don't think he fits the "pretty boy" mold. Ryan Reynolds? Sure, but Rudd seems more in the "average guy" vein...

The Hud likes this.
  25. The Hud

My Wasp feels...

Nevermind, this is a family forum. :)

Oatsdad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.