Deep Purple Box Set from Audio Fidelity

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Great idea!

Maybe I should do it :righton:

2. zen

zen Senior Member

Right. I know two guys who wanted these, but the price NOW is pretty outrageous (thanks to capitalistic pigs...j/k), so they cried; but not now.

I've got them all (plus the gold Made in Japan) so I'm happy to pass along the good news.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  3. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

A pic can't hurt.

[​IMG]

ponkine and PH416156 like this.
  4. Nice! Me thinks I had better not procrastinate and just buy them this time. Especially as 'these albums will never again be available on 24K Gold CD's.' It really does need 'Made In Japan' just to tie it all together though.

zen likes this.
  5. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Made In Japan should've been part of this box!

erniebert, Sean V and JonasR like this.
  6. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Wait a minute ...

The box says 'Deep Purple - The Audio Fidelity Collection'
    Does it mean we won't see any more DP titles in the future? :shake:

7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Wrong company.

8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Write AF and ask. It's a fair point and they might accomodate.

I think this is a good opportunity for those who missed them before. I have them all, so don't need it.

9. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

If I didn't own them already, I would be all over this.

A must have for DP fans.

zen likes this.
  10. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

Me too.

11. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Please no.

12. KenJ

KenJ Forum Resident

This is very strange. I get an email especially for subscribers announcing a "box set" is coming only to see that it is literally a box of 4 releases already shipped/sold as part of the subscription. I would think a majority of subcribers already own these so why would we be interested? Why didn't the announcement include availability for purchase of just the box like made available to the Blue Note Jazz buyers?

I assume this is a special order and NOT part of the subscription thus really targeting those who haven't been on board since the beginning....a bonus for them (box and cheaper than ebay).

If I didn't already own these I would be interested, otherwise it seems like a dilution of the collectibility of the titles I already own. Of course it's about the sound so rock on! I wish MFSL would re-issue their early titles in slip cases like this.

13. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

There was a subscriber e-mail about this?

I didn't receive one ,( nor the last one announcing America and Sarah McLachlan come to think of it).

14. John D.

John D. Senior Member

The email was sent out today. Looks like the faithful subscribers get the screw on this one.

15. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Trivial perhaps but it's interesting they're going way back to an unused catalog # (019) for this set.

16. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Not so sure as all the email says is that they are going to issue it and what it doesn't say is that you are going to get it sent to you automatically so lets wait and see r better still drop them an email.

17. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I am going to call Audio Fidelity about this.

MonkeyMan likes this.
  18. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

Sick balls! Nixon!

19. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Interesting idea, but I already have all the gold CDs. It's a shame this won't be an SACD box set.

I guess this means that Audio Fidelity was able to relicense these titles since at least some of them should have sold out by now.

20. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm sad that it looks like they will never do Burn now :(

SOONERFAN likes this.
  21. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Kind of one the fence here. I have the AF Fireball but none of the others.

Carserguev likes this.
  22. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Normally I would be all over this, but I have all 4 titles and serious cash flow problems right now Still I think this a very cool set that would look great on my shelf.:shh:

23. gohill

gohill Senior Member

I have all 4 of these but this is a good release for those who missed out or have just discovered them. Great versions of great albums and wonderful mastering. I do wish Fireball was the UK version though.

Great music but really, who designs the Audio Fidelity artwork and house packaging style? Those cd's really are an aesthetic abomination right down to the typeset, cut away slipcase, everything. I have always thought this. The box set packaging is just appaling as on the picture a few posts back. These are premium audiophile products and musically absolutely deliver, but the artwork looks like a cheap budget compilation of Metal Greats you'd see in the cut out section in a petrol/gas station. Really wish Audio Fidelity would get this sorted out.

24. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

To each his own dude,but I like AFs packaging. As for the box set I like that as well.
    Just my 2 cents. Don't know if you've ever seen Sonys early Mastersound gold discs long box with a jewel case and no booklet. That was an abomination.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  25. Zomvid

Zomvid Delicate Genius

I'm in, I wonder if it's gonna be only available at AF's website cause I usually buy AF stuff from importcds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.