Deep Purple Burn update

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

FROM DPAS:

It was always likely that the critical and commercial success of the EMI remastered Deep Purple albums would continue with the three remaining studio albums. EMI asked Roger Glover to oversee work on the Burn reissue. After talking with Ian Paice and Jon Lord it emerged that they were happy for him to do so. However, Roger Glover has decided not to get involved in the Burn remastering project after all, according to EMI's reissue department. We'll keep you updated on this as soon as we have more details.
    Simon has tracked down all the masters for "Burn", including the b-side. Cassettes of the Burn rehearsals have been located, but sadly the sound quality is not good enough for them to feature.

2. ybe

ybe The Lawnmower Man

Glover backed off? Now Mew can do his business with Burn...:shake:

3. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Pete Mew did all Deep Purple remasters... Roger Glover did the remixes!

4. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Yeah but Glover supervised the whole process. We'll see how Burn turns out w/o Glover. This project has been delayed so much. I just want to see it done.

5. Claus

Claus Senior Member

EMI will release BURN end of the year... it's just assembly line work for Pete Mew :cool: :realmad: :confused: ;)

6. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler

I talked to Simon Robinson about this recently. Contrary to what many people think, he did not really do much in the way of production supervision on these projects. He didn't sit in the studio with Peter Mew while the work was done. I guess he had more input into the Machine Head remix but not much to do with the other remastering projects.

Cheers,
    Chris

7. ybe

ybe The Lawnmower Man

That's interesting. This means that Mew got it right with "Machine Head" 25th anniversary set all by himself(?).

You can't trust anyone these days. First Astley's DE "Who's Next" and now this. :)

8. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler

:laugh: Hard to believe, eh? Well, I guess you can't paint someone's entire body of work with the same brush just because they may have produced the odd project you didn't like.

Cheers,
    Chris

9. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I do like very much the Machine Head remaster... I prefer the remaster of the remixes. I do like the remixes for the complete intros and outros, but they sound too modernized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.