Dion DiMucci about the release of his 'lost' 1965 album "Kickin' Child"- exclusive interview*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by abbeyrdsteve, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Dion posted a video on Facebook of himself playing "Kickin Child" and he doesn't sound a day over 1965. Check it out. The man is incredible!

2. Imperious Leader

Imperious Leader Forum Resident

Great album. And it's great that he's still alive

Hep Alien likes this.
  3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Welllllll, a few months ago I got brave and I sent Dion a message via Facebook expressing my enthusiasm for the aforementioned album. He gave me the thumbs up but I'm pretty sure he put me on his ignore list! Ah well, I still love him.;)

4. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Had to revive your post because I'm interested in getting this. So the SQ on the vinyl of Kickin' Child: Lost Columbia Album 1965 bests the CD? Sometimes these kinds of things are all remastered in the digital domain and the CD and vinyl end up being six of one, half a dozen of the other...

5. Rocknut

Rocknut Well-Known Member

The mastering was done by a real vet in the field, so both versions sound great. The CD is for in the car, the vinyl for the home stereo. If you end up getting the vinyl, make sure to also buy "Kickin' Child" 45. It has a wonderful version of "Too Much Monkey Business" that is unique to that release and also has that thin, wild, mercury sound.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  6. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

How neat! Dion seems like a very down to Earth guy to interact with fans on Facebook. My understanding was that Dion either owns the "Together Again" album or has access to the masters. His box set from several years back included a very brief sampling of this material, but the album itself never received a proper reissue. Apart from Dion's personal issues during this period, "Together Again" is a solid album from start to finish and should've been huge back in 1967.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.