Disney/Pixar's "Inside Out"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I took the kiddies to see this on the weekend. A kinda pixarized Herman's Head.

The plot may be a bit too conceptual for the littlies, and it's very talky, but seemed fun enough.

Not sure why the main emotion character looked so much like Tinkerbell, however. Must have been deliberate.

--Geoff

MikaelaArsenault and powerq like this.
  3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Lewis Black was on tv talking about playing Anger.

Looks good.

4. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Thinking about taking my kid to this, but she's only 3. I tried taking her to Paddington and she barely made it through the previews before booking out of the theater. I think Pixar generally makes the best kids' movies.

5. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Saw it a couple weeks ago, it's absolutely amazing. Very interesting "take" on emotions (particularly the often-confusing emotions of adolescence). Very moving story, as well - right up there with "Up" and "Toy Story 3" in misty-eye factor.

6. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Interesting, maybe we will go this weekend. I know my 13 year old will be game, the 5 year old not so sure although she has always enjoyed any kid movie we have seen since she was 3.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

8. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Directed by Pete Docter=I am there.

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It's doing better than expected $80 million +, the dinos win the weekend again $108 million or so.

10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Saw it yesterday, and it's a winner. Also, the Lava short is just wonderful.

11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So... the creators of "Herman's Head" gets credited?

12. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

That's what I thought, too. Anyway, I saw it and enjoyed it very much. I think it's a bit too smart for the small children who were in the theater with me. Typically, I enjoy the PIXAR short before the feature and this time, I didn't care for it though it was a lovely song. PIXAR should seriously consider an animal or adult PG-13 version just after watching the credits. Start rant- why do movie theaters bombard the kids for 30 minutes with the same commercials I see in more adult-oriented features? The kids don't have the attention span to sit through a dozen commercials for Coke, iPhone and Microsoft. Just dim the lights, run a few kid movie trailers then go to the feature. By the time the movie start, they were too restless to enjoy the movie.-End rant.

MikaelaArsenault, chodad and guppy270 like this.
  13. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I saw it on Thursday and it's outstanding -- not only Pixar's best movie since Up, but one of their best ever.

MikaelaArsenault and Bowie Fett like this.
  14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Oh, and make sure you don't leave once the end credits start. There's a great series of "inside the head" vignettes. The cat one is hilarious!

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

16. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I saw the movie a few weeks ago, thought it was very good. For some reason, I don't remember hardly a thing about it now other than the fact that I went to watch the movie at a preview screening. I love Disney/Pixar productions, I probably need to see this one again.

17. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I saw it today with my wife, mother-in-law, and our daughters who are 5 and 8. Everyone really enjoyed it. I thought that like all the really good animated films it played on two levels at once, able to entertain the adults and children equally, no easy feat.

I found the short about the volcano looking for love beautiful to look at but cloying, the song just went on and on. I hope the late great Hawaiian singer Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole's family are getting some residuals from this because the singer did quite a good job copying him.

MikaelaArsenault and guppy270 like this.
  18. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

While I haven't seen it myself my wife said it was fantastic and made her incredibly sad as she watched it with our 5 year old and 13 year old daughters. She said the movie reminded her of BOTH kids. The 13 year old cried during the movie. When I got home they had me watch the trailer because they said I was like that dad. Hilarious! That was me. But my wife said that's pretty much it for the thoughts of the parents. Can't wait to see it myself and they all said they want to see it again. knowing a little but about what it is about I am just thankful that my 5 year old is full of "Joy" every day of her life at this moment.

19. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

My daughters aren't kids anymore, but both are huge Pixar fans, so I saw it with them yesterday. Thought it was a wonderful film that definitely edges into my top five Pixar films list. Both girls were more than a bit teary-eyed a couple of times during the film. Didn't care for the short... a volcano with a face looks too much like Jabba the Hutt sitting in the surf - kinda creepy.
    Yes, definitely stay for the first couple of minutes of credits as you get a glimpse inside everyone's head. I thought the boy was funniest.

20. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I saw it yesterday and really liked it.

Another solid Pixar hit.

21. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I would say this one had the most tear-jerking emotional scenes of any Pixar movie to date.

drasil, MikaelaArsenault and jupiter8 like this.
  22. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Enjoyed it with my 8 year olds yesterday. Didn't find it mind blowing but good entertainment that led to a nice discussion with the kids.

MikaelaArsenault and PROG U.K. like this.
  23. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

AWwwwWWW!
    I'm tired of crying during Pixar movies!!
    Just saw "Brave", after not having seen it in a few years..... started bawling when the mother's eyes change!
    Curse you, PIXAR!!!!

24. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

It wasn't bad! A little boring though. It wasn't very funny generally. But overall it was interesting. Can't really see it being one of those movies kids want to see over and over but good for one viewing at least.

25. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Yea, that didn't do anything for me either. Hardly creative or innovative, or remotely endearing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.