Disney/Pixar's "Inside Out"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Saw Inside Out today, and was pretty bored and disappointed. Maybe I'm too old (41) for Pixar now. It seemed like it was trying too hard to be touching and schmaltzy instead of funny. The volcano short that played first was pure sap. I did laugh at a few things. I thought Bill Hader's part was fun. Mindy Kaling and Lewis Black were okay. But the movie was way too much Joy and Sadness, and they weren't enjoyable. This was definitely the least fun I've had at a Pixar movie in the theater and it goes right to the bottom of my Pixar list with Cars.

2. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

I saw it this weekend with my 5 year old daughter and I loved it! Very funny (especially "
    anger"), and very emotional. I couldn't help but look at my daughter during the movie and wonder what happy core memories she's storing. This movie really made me think not only about my memories and personality, but mostly about my daughter and her memories and personality that she's currently building.

Also, I loved the Lava short, great song that is still stuck in my head!

3. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Didn't really care for the Lava short. I thought it was one of their weakest shorts that I can remember.

The film itself was great, though. Very creative and the best Pixar I've seen in years (granted, I haven't seen Cars 2 or Monsters U, but I kinda doubt those were better).

There were one or two Bay Area/Berkeley in-jokes that got the biggest laughs of the whole movie, though.

4. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Saw it yesterday evening, very entertaining, quite funny!
    I don't rank it as one of their true classics (Incredibles, Ratatouille), but their best since Toy Story III!

5. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Just saw Inside Out this evening. A remarkable film!

6. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I saw Inside Out three times.

Loved it.

7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I saw it and managed to stay awake for the whole film, which I don't manage to do for many kid's films these days. I liked it because it felt like I had swallowed some really good drugs. It's trippy as hell. I need to see it in 3D and after a dance with mary jane.

8. drasil

drasil Former Resident

the bluray and digital downloads of the film come with an additional bonus short called Riley's first date?

it's very funny and particularly topical for this forum. (without spoiling too much, portraying the inside of a twelve-year-old boy's head as a cross between hot topic and a skatepark is dead accurate. and Flea is the voice of one of his emotions.)

9. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Saw this the a month or two back then again more recently. Loved it.

10. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Just saw this.

Worst Pixar movie I've seen. Interesting concept ruined by a terrible messy script. Humour was hardly in evidence and just couldn't work out who the movie was actually aimed at.

Veered crazily from high concept to lazy and sloppy.

I think myself and my other half maybe laughed a couple of times through the whole movie. Mostly sat there silently shifting on the sofa. I'm a huge fan of Amy P's work and this was such a disappointment.

In essence...crap! Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.