Disney's "Tomorrowland" DVD revisited... WOW

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by fjhuerta, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member Thread Starter

Is this the best "Treasures" DVD out there? Or is that one "Disneyland USA"?

It's hard to say, but...

I'm a sucker for Walt Disney. I admit it. He's my lifelong hero. I hold him in the same level of esteem as I do with Jules Verne (which is saying quit a lot). But I never expected him to be such a visionary...

Watching him explain that his PeopleMovers and Monorails were in reality prototypes for Epcot... watching Disneyland, as it was, in 1968, with all of its movement, its splendor, the mass transportation devices (submarines, rockets, monorails, peoplemovers and funicular)... and listening to him, explaining you, convincing you about the feasibility of his grandest dream, Epcot...

I cried... I did. It was as if I had turn again into a little boy and Walt was convincing me that there was a much brighter future ahead.

Head on to www.savedisney.com and check out what became of Tomorrowland. As for Epcot, it's an amusement park with thrill rides and a cheap imitation of Circuit City ("Innoventions").

If anything, the Walt Disney Treasures series has taught me to love what you have now... because you may not have it tomorrow :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.