Disturbing Movies

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jayski, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

having sex with a stinking corpse via a pipe is quite disturbing!...what a horrible movie!

2. Michael

one scene I cannot get out of my memory and I'm pissed I watched it...I cannot say what it was here...it's that disturbing.

3. Michael

I agree with you on this...we liked it!

4. geoffr

geoffr Lifeguard in a carwash

Buffalo 66, Naked Lunch, Mark of the Devil

5. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Been there, seen it. Yep, it's a very, very disturbing movie. Gives new meaning to the work dark . . .

6. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

I've seen most of these most disturbing movies and much prefer to be scared than scarred, finding the most disturbing to be more annoying than anything else. That said I've wondered before if oneupmanship was in the mind's of the directors. That idea crossed my mind again a little while ago once videos of orchestrated real life horrors began being uploaded. Not trying to bring forbidden topics here or trivialize by association true tragedy. Just thinking it has to have an impact on the future of fictional horror.

7. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

I LOOOOOOVE Snowtown; easily one of the most important works of art that has come into my life. The way the story is told couldn't be more tailor-made for my liking. And I think visually, its gorgeous. A supremely difficult film to sit through, but like like any good work of art, it repays in spades for for the attention and difficulties the viewer experiences.

The last film I can remember moving me on such a deep level was Breaking The Waves; another film that refuses to spoon-feed answers to the audience.

[​IMG]

8. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Killers. Very disturbing I found & I'm pretty jaded.

9. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I found the whole thing rather silly.... both movies seemed more like dark comedies than actual horror films.

10. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

Just watched it. What disturbed me most? The second hand smoke was brutal! :laugh: But seriously, lots of skill by everyone involved in the film. It reminded greatly of a film I saw a few months ago about an English kid and his neighbourhood. Also real gritty, grimy kitchen sink stuff, and I can't recall the title, but I wouldn't call it disturbing.

DVEric likes this.
  11. Moth

Moth fluttering by

I actually had to stop watching the first time I saw the "bathtub scene".

12. Michael

unfortunately I did not have the same reaction...

13. townsend

townsend Senior Member

It has been years since I have seen it, and I can't remember exactly what that scene was about, but I do remember I had to look away from the screen several times during the bathroom scene.

14. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

It couldn't be any worse than the bathtub scene from the original I Spit on Your Grave.... ;)

psubliminal and Moth like this.
  15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's high on my list of Worst Scenes Ever. I had to work on that one. No pleasant.

lbangs likes this.
  16. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

It's one of the few movie scenes in history that actually makes me squirm a little bit. (For obvious reasons!)

17. Moth

Moth fluttering by

That entire movie makes me squirm. I kept thinking "Well, at least it can't get any worse than this" continuously throughout the movie. How naive I was.

Vidiot likes this.
  18. This entire thread makes me squirm. I tried to watch "A Serbian Film". I got about halfway through before I turned it off in shock and disgust.
    One good thing though, it permanently cured me of wanting to watch disturbing movies.

19. Darby

Darby Forum Resident

Delicatessen, I remember being quite good, I think more black comedy than disturbing though but a mixture of the both is more accurate.

20. Michael

OUCH!!!!!

21. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

AWwwwww... no, it's not!
    I REALLY thought Junet was gonna be the 'torch-bearer' for Gilliam, when I saw this, and he WAS... for a movie or two.

22. Darby

Darby Forum Resident

It's not a bad movie... that's for sure. Are you saying no to it not being disturbing or to it being good?

23. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I'm saying no to disturbing.... the fleshy 'Riply-Alien' hybred from his "Alien Ressurection" movie was more disturbing!

24. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

25. quakerparrot67

quakerparrot67 Forum Resident

i did find it disturbing, but not revolting or exploitative. for me it didn't cross the line that it seemd to with some who saw it .

cheers,
    rob