Do you have a working Nintendo NES game system

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Aside from the frustrating difficulty, one thing that always bugged me about MM1 was the fact that there was a special item (the "magnet beam", I think) which you needed to be able to finish the game... they don't tell you that it's a mandatory item, and it was fairly easy to miss... so it wasn't unusual for players to get to the final stages of the game without it and then be unable to progress any further. That's a fatal design flaw in an already-tough game.

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That's one of my favorite NES games. I had the special controller for it but I preferred to use the regular NES controller.

3. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

That's correct. I bought a Neo Geo and a few games on the cheap there.

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

And it only took one pickup truck to get those huge cartridges home, right? :)

5. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Yeah! Those games were HUGE!

6. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Super Mario Bros. for 9 cents! I don't care how common a game it is, that game is worth more than that! I'd say a dollar, at least.

The Hud likes this.
  7. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

A fun place to stop at if you're ever in Los Angeles.

Game Dude

Sold a bunch of games there and got decent prices. Sketchy neighborhood but a good place to browse. Salsa & Beer is just down the street.

8. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I always wanted a Neo Geo. Too much money for me!

9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, I agree but they probably had thousands of copies of it that they needed to get rid of fast, and that's a good way to do it. :)

10. latedep31

latedep31 Forum Resident

There's definitely several games on that list that are worth a few hundred now.

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

"Yeah, thanks Doc- great advice... This guy is kicking my butt, but at least I'll have a Nintendo newsletter to read while I recover".

[​IMG]

12. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I wish I had my time machine working so I could go back in time and take advantage of those prices! I would go to 10 FuncoLand stores with a few hundred bucks and really make out like a bandit! Sigh...

13. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Stadium Events for only 29 cents! Deal of the century!

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

driverdrummer and The Hud like this.
  15. latedep31

latedep31 Forum Resident

I know it's rare, but the high price for it doesn't make any sense. The game is pretty crap; you can save thousands and just buy World Class Track Meet.

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Often in the world of collecting, paying that much money for a rare item doesn't make any logical sense. :) Sure, it's the same game as World Class Track Meet, but it's basically the rare label (and box and manual) that people will pay so much for.

The Hud likes this.
  17. The Hud

It makes perfect sense. It is super rare. Collectors only.

If someone wants to play the game, World Class Track Meet is the same game and much cheaper.

18. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I seem to remember World Class Track Meet being pretty fun to play with a friend (you know, back when I could run like that without the risk of keeling over!). :)

The Hud likes this.
  19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The Power Glove vs. U-Force on James and Mike Mondays! :)

I've never used the U-Force but I can tell you that the Power Glove was a pretty useless and frustrating accessory. Lucas from The Wizard mislead me and so did this commercial!

NES Power Glove Commercial

20. latedep31

latedep31 Forum Resident

I meant that it's not really worth it. It's kinda just about bragging rights now.

21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Well, the game does seem to be going up in value so it could be seen as a good investment.

22. The Hud

It isn't a game you buy to play.

If I had the money, I would buy a sealed copy to proudly have as a part of my collection.

23. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I'd buy it, hold onto it for 2 or 3 years, and then try to resell it for a tidy profit. :)

The Hud likes this.
  24. latedep31

latedep31 Forum Resident

Oh yeah, I mean if I found it for extremely cheap, I would turn around and sell it. :)

But for keeping it, nah. I play the games I buy; I'm not going for a complete set, otherwise I'd be completely broke! :laugh:

25. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I would have paid full price from the (advertised) NES versions of The Price is Right, Pyramid, and Super Password.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.