Doc Martin - Any Fans?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Karnak, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..." Thread Starter

I'm currently enjoying the 4th season here on Knowledge Network; the episode tonight was the one with Louisa's 'natural remedies' midwife. Are there any others here who like the series?

2. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

Really enjoy this series. I've been watching them on Netflix.

3. wareagle69

wareagle69 Forum Resident

Great series. Martin Clunes is outstanding and the rest of the cast is also excellent. I look forward to series 5.

4. Karnak

According to Wikipedia, the 8 episode 5th season will not begin filming until 2011. I was able to take view Clunes in the "Islands of Britain" series last Spring. Very enjoyable as well. A nice antidote to "The Wicker Man":)

5. ddiebenkorn

ddiebenkorn Forum Resident

I really enjoy this show as well.

6. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Great show, love the quirky humour and of course the acting of Martin Clunes. Cornwall is a magic place on earth and the little village showcased in this show is one of many beautiful spots there.

four sticks likes this.
  7. andythiing

andythiing Forum Resident

Must be a nice place to visit - some have all the luck Mondie!

PS Clunes s great but I just never managed to catch the series early and get into it so really have never watched it seriously - the UK men behaving badly was a great series

blind_melon1 likes this.
  8. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

It is mate, have l told you about those magic little Cornish pubs :shh:

9. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

It is an odd yet great little show and character study, Martin is a good character. The best thing is the actual actor is a gregarious, funny, openly fun and happy chap who bears no resemblance at all to the lead character's dour exterior.

10. txguitar

txguitar Senior Member

Great Series !!!!

11. phish

phish Jack Your Body

thought this thread was about the dj.....

12. Dam

Dam Forum Resident

...or a single shoe!!

13. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

First thing I thought of. :)

[​IMG]

Second was this fella...

[​IMG]

:D

14. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I'm wearing a pair right now!

15. Karnak

It's funny; all the time watching the show, I never made the connection with the footwear. I'm sure the writers have though. "Doc Martin" is the moniker hung on him by his patients, not one he prefers for himself and there may be a pun in there somewhere.

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I had never seen this before but recently caught an episode on PBS while channel surfing, and enjoyed it. I popped over to Netflix to see if by chance they offered it for streaming. They do, so I started at the beginning and I'm now most of the way through season 3, and I'm really loving it!!

17. I watched the first two seasons but then kinda lost touch with it, might be time to catch up.

18. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

I think all series are excellent.

Series 5 starts broadcasting soon in the UK on ITV1HD on 12th September.

It is filmed in the beautiful location of Port Issac in Cornwall, and my wife and children have enjoyed walking by the 'Doctors Surgery' when we have visited the area!

19. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Watched for 3 or 4 series, but I got tired of his complete inability to make any progress with his issues. I even got tired of the dishy teacher keeping faith in him so long. :(

20. TaterBones

TaterBones Active Member

I really enjoy the show as well as the TV movies: Doc Martin and the Legend of the Cloutie (2003) & Doc Martin (2005) (he plays Dr. Martin Bamford, but it's basically the same character). I also enjoyed Saving Grace (2000), the film that introduced the Doc Martin character. Craig Ferguson wrote the screenplay and is in it too.

21. mintcake!

mintcake! Forum Resident

Yes! Ms. mintcake and I discovered the show on public TV last year and bought the series 1-4 DVD set from amazon.co.uk for less than the price of one season of the US releases... We fell for The IT Crowd around the same time, and the Katherine Parkinson/Chris O'Dowd crossover blew our minds a little. Fun show.

22. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

Love it! - absolutely beautiful location too.

23. Q-Authority

Q-Authority Forum Resident

Great show! I discovered it on Hulu, while in the process of moving, and having already packed up my tv. Had never heard of it before, but instantly loved the characters, and the town it is filmed in.

It was not available in the Seattle area on Comcast that I know of, but I have discovered it here in San Diego, and was ecstatic to discover that it had been continued beyond the 3 seasons that were available on Hulu. I look forward to catching up on the 4th season shows that I have not seen yet.

My only small dislike was when the original constable was replaced with the newer somewhat lameduck version. I also preferred the original office assistant a bit over the redhead.

I've seen Saving Grace (2000) before, but had not noticed the Doc Martin character. I'll have to check that out again.

24. GeoffC

GeoffC Forum Resident

Katherine Parkinson as the Doc's receptionist (and in the Brilliant IT Crowd) is a fantastic comedy actress.

The original assistant in the first series was played by actress Lucy Punch who starred in the US sitcom 'The Class' and has been in numerous other TV shows and films.

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

been a fan ever since I discovered Mad mag when I was a young lad.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.