Does Chevy Chase have another "Vacation" movie in him??

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baba Oh Really, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

Maybe a grandkids movie as noted, and maybe bring back Anthony Michael Hall and Dana Barron in their respective roles. Sort of a Clark trying to identify with his grandkids and get them through a wacky adventure thing. I know my dad trying to deal with his grandkids is hilarious.

I think the question is whether or not anyone will go see it.

MMM and Dudley Morris like this.
  2. Bucket List Vacation.

3. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Chase's career, like Dan Ackroyd's, was destroyed by making Nothing But Trouble in 1991. In fact, nearly everyone involved with that film ruined their career, except maybe Demi Moore.

4. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley New Member

Hi all,
    I just joined this forum. I'm a longtime resident over at A&M Corner, and I own a movie theater in southeastern Montana.

About the topic at hand......there IS indeed another Vacation movie in the works. They are going to have Ed Helms (who played Andy Bernard on The Office) play Rusty Griswold, son of Clark W. Griswold, who is now going to take HIS kids on a vacation. I have heard a rumor that they are hoping to get "Clark and Ellen" into the movie too somehow (probably as a cameo, I'm guessing). Normally I would cringe at something like this, but Ed Helms is hilarious and could pull it off. I just hope it's not a by-the-numbers remake of the original.

buckeye1010 and rburly like this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It's an unpopular opinion, but I think "Vegas" is the 2nd best of the series. It's not great, but it's better than "Euro" and "Xmas". "Euro" has a few laughs, but not many. "Xmas" is just BAD, IMO...

heatherly likes this.
  6. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

Call it blasphemy if you like, but I would rather see a Caddyshack 3 with Chase and Bill Murray than another Vacation movie. Of course I know that it would never happen.

7. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I know this is just trivia (and doesn't really matter if you like the movie), but Vegas is the only one that isn't a National Lampoon movie. So is it officially part of the series? Or is it like those James Bond movies that aren't really?

This, on the other hand, IS one of them: :)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367623/?ref_=nv_sr_2

8. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Here's a pitch for a new Chevy Chase vacation movie I'm thinking of as I type this:

Clark and Ellen are empty nesters and Clark has retired from the food additives company. Life has become very boring for them so... Clark decides that they should buy an RV and really see the country this time. Without kids. For months. Without anything that could go wrong. Things start off great. No problems at all. Everywhere they go is excellent, problem-free and they are incredibly happy (shown in a montage) and then they decide to stop in and visit Ellen's brother in Arizona since they are 'in the area.'

They knock on the door and nobody answers. But they hear somebody inside. It's raining so they walk around the back and see the body of Cousin Eddie sitting on a lawn chair in the rain. They scream. This wakes up Eddie who says he was just getting his beauty sleep someplace where he wouldn't have to listen to his grandkids. He explains that Ellen's brother wasn't at the house when stopped by a few weeks ago and so he's been living there ever since with his grandkids and kids and 10 dogs.

Anyway... Clark starts to suspect 'foul play' in the disappearance and it's up to Clark, Ellen (and Eddie) to find the brother before it's too late which takes them to several states, etc., etc.

PM me to find out where to send the advance.

2trackmind and CusBlues like this.
  9. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

If so, I hope he keeps it there.

10. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

As much as I like Chevy Chase, his best film period was between 1980 and 1990. I also consider Christmas Vacation the weaker of the Vacation movies. I wish another Fletch movie had been made. I do hope he can do a few more movies in his "classic mode" before he retires.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

If he does I will watch...

12. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Hate to break to you all but Chevy, is over 300 pounds now.
    It was in People Magazine.

13. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

[​IMG]

heatherly likes this.
  14. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'd rather have him make another "Fletch".

spanky1, BluesOvertookMe and dlokazip like this.
  15. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I respectfully disagree.
    Nick Papageorgio

heatherly likes this.
  16. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

"Nah...look man that ship has sailed "

Not only has that ship sailed...it sank somewhere in the Mid Atlantic and won't be coming back... IMO

Still love the first one though...:)

17. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Dear Chevy chase

Please don't subject us to a new movie! I think you lost tough with reality a few years ago and every time we see or hear you we are cringing!

Let it lie..... Please

18. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I'd rather see a Three Amigos II.

Tex_Writer and BadJack like this.
  19. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

You must've not seen his fantastic work on Community or in Hot Tub Time Machine (more a less a cameo but great movie). He's very likely a p**** in real life but everytime I see him in a Community rerun it seems he gives it his all.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  20. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Beating a dead horse. The first one was great.

21. Oatsdad

Apparently "HTTM 2" comes out on Christmas this year!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2637294/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

22. emmoashdad

emmoashdad Well-Known Member

I think under the right circumstances, they can pull another one off and have the Griswold's as grandparents.

It could be hysterical and so many different routes they could go with it including a second Christmas movie.

23. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

24. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Dana Barron reprised her role as Audrey in the Christmas Vacation 2 movie. I refuse
    to watch it, so i don't know how it is or how they updated her character.

25. Oatsdad

Completely awful movie:

http://www.dvdmg.com/christmasvacation2.shtml

Agent57 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.