Dolenz-Nesmith Tour In 2018!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

Mark Volman also said at the Happy Together show that Howard had heart surgery as well.

2. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Wow........he didn't mention that at the show I saw.

Get well Mike, get well Howard.

Tord and MarkTheShark like this.
  3. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

I should have been enjoying the Beacon Theater show right now :(
    I really hope it happens in January. Get well soon, Mike.

4. marmalade

marmalade Forum Resident

Me as well .. Beacon Theater .. 4 tix .. meet ups with fellow fans (I met at the 2011 - 12 -13 - 14 shows.) . Amsterdam Ave Pub for some warm up pints. .. I feel for the fans at the Keswick .. and Nez .. if it had to happen least his son and Micky were there with him. Over the years I met many fans who had flown in from Japan and the UK to see the shows in NYC .. hopefully they can get comped or free meet and greets or signed items and personal pic's with Mick and Nez .. Ultimately and hopefully Nez's medical discharge from the hospital holds true as far as just needing some rest. I'm sure his CA Doctor is running a full and complete diagnostic workups before any more possible touring dates. I have to say that some of the youtube clips are just amazing. At least for the moment I can watch "Listen to the Band" - Chicago .. If this is it .. the end .. I can accept it. (sigh)

5. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I did know that. They were supposed to be on the Flower Power cruise earlier this year and had to cancel, which was too bad. There are so many great Turtles songs that I would love to hear, besides the usual ones they do on HT.

6. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

7. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

I easily can see this not going forward.

marc with a c likes this.
  8. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I think if possible they may honor the make up dates and perhaps the Sept. FNB dates but I think Nez may really hang it up live after this. He ain't the type to go out with his boots on and I don't blame him.

D-rock likes this.
  9. seeknom

seeknom Forum Resident

I really can't see them hitting the road to just do four makeup dates. I saw them the other night in Toronto, Nez was on fire and having a blast. I've seen countless Monkees shows since 1986 and I can honestly say, Mike was having the best time I've ever seen any of them have. I truly believe that if he's able to, they'll do more shows in this configuration.

10. 905

905 Senior Member

I agree. If he can, I think Mike and Micky play more dates in January. Later that year, I see Micky and Peter continuing. The Monkees are like The Three Stooges. They're going to keep going until they can't anymore.

MarkTheShark likes this.
  11. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

We shall see, friends. For now let's just hope for the best.

12. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

I hope they can make up the dates in January. For me, that would be my Monkees finale. I saw D,J,B & H, all of the various reunion tours since 1986, the Dolenz, Nesmith, Tork show in 2012 and the 50th anniversary tour. Mike and Micky would be my last one.

AlmanacZinger and Hep Alien like this.
  13. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

+ 1

marmalade likes this.
  14. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

All that's missing is a "Davy-Joe.":hide:

marmalade likes this.
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I can't imagine they make those four dates up. These aren't stadium gigs that pay incredibly well, and the tour isn't going to be extended beyond these four dates. There are also a lot of working parts to these shows: It's not an intimate evening with just Micky and Mike on stage. So that's a lot of money that needs to spent and a lot of logistics that need to be taken care of to make those dates up.

They could do it, but it's questionable if it would break even. And I can imagine the principals just saying f-it.

The only wildcard here is whether they were planning on filming those final dates for a video release. If they were, then there could be an additional financial incentive to get back on the horse.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  16. seeknom

seeknom Forum Resident

I disagree. Judging by how much Mike was enjoying himself, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they extended the 4 dates into a second leg of the tour.

17. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

We shall see. I wouldn't mind that. I hope they were having as good a time as they seemed to be having. I assume if Nez didn't want to do this tour, it would not have happened.

First and foremost, I wish him a speedy recovery.

It concerns me a little that we (the public) haven't heard anything from Nez. But he deserves a break and to have his privacy respected.

Hep Alien, seeknom and CDC like this.
  18. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

I hope the January dates do happen. I'm also hoping that Pete doesn't join them for these dates. No disrespect intended but I really want to see the Mike and Micky Show.
    :hide:

DanofDune, JDistheone, vinnie and 4 others like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Wonder if Nez is still planning on doing the FNB Redux tour in September?

Hep Alien likes this.
  20. jfmlaugh

jfmlaugh Forum Resident

I wish Nez well and hope he rests and the 4 dates get made up for the people that haven’t seen this awesome concert yet.

With that said, I’d still rather focus on a follow up to Good Times!, because this band is rockin and think it might translate well in the studio.

Tord, DanofDune and Elliottmarx like this.
  21. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

Any of the "New Monkees" available :)

MarkTheShark likes this.
  22. abbeyrdsteve

abbeyrdsteve Forum Resident

23. 905

905 Senior Member

Any updates?

electricmetaphor likes this.
  24. marmalade

marmalade Forum Resident