Dolenz-Nesmith Tour In 2018!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmalade

marmalade Forum Resident

At the end.. It sounds like there going right into -
    "Take a Giant Step" with the violin intro.

2. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Close. It's actually Sweet Young Thing.

Hep Alien, marmalade and D-rock like this.
  3. marmalade

marmalade Forum Resident

As a Twitter participant.. especially of Monkees related information. I'm getting almost daily tweets and a activity from Peter Tork connected sites.. Is it strange? or... Am I over thinking this..

I've also thought.. recently.. How Peter would or could fit in to the current Monkees ensemble..

That being said we're still a long way off to see if Nez's medical diagnosis has any impact to travel and tour.. Let's hope for the best. I may have said this earlier..
    I never ever thought even after hearing Auntie's live on YouTube that the 2018 version of "Listen to the Band" would become my favorite song!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Hep Alien likes this.
  4. abbeyrdsteve

abbeyrdsteve Forum Resident

Last I heard he is on the mend.

marmalade, 905 and MsMaclen like this.
  5. marmalade

marmalade Forum Resident

This show could be the equivalent to the hallowed 77' Cornell University - Barton Hall Greatful Dead concert .. As in one of a kind out of body experience.

Micky and the band almost bring it to album quality. Maybe even better?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  6. DanofDune

DanofDune Forum Resident

I really hope they don't add Peter to the tour or sub Peter in for Mike on the remaining dates. The 50th show really put me off the kind of lame jokes/Auntie Grizelda stuff that he's so fond of. I'd prefer to see Mike and Micky or just get an out and out refund at this point.

Elliottmarx, Rfreeman, vinnie and 3 others like this.
  7. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

While I can’t imagine comparing this to something like the Dead at Cornell (Not a knock on Micky and Mike, just very different musical experiences being compared, not the least of which is how the Dead were much younger and more or less in their prime), but I wish I had made it to M&M ‘s Chicago stop.

The handful of shows they played are unlikely to be seen as historic as that era of the Dead is considered, but the clips I’ve seen are fantastic (Including what you posted) and very much what I’ve always wanted out of a Monkees concert. The emphasis on the songs and the music proves the worth of their catalogue.

While my first hope is for Nez to be well, I also hope he’s able, and willing, to get back onstage for thr both the FNB fall tour and the continuation of The M&M Show next year (With more dates, in more cities, added)!

8. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

I enjoy Auntie Grizelda and all, but the Huber Heights M&M was the best Monkees show I've ever seen. First time ever seeing Mike. He was awesome.

And it was better without the video. The show doesn't do all that much for me- it's the music.

9. sddoug

sddoug Music Aficionado

I agree with your sentiments but, at least for the show I saw, Nesmith contributed more than his share of lame jokes and odd non-sequiturs. There were times Mickey just looked over at Nez with a "are you done yet" expression on his face.

D-rock, Hep Alien and DanofDune like this.
  10. DanofDune

DanofDune Forum Resident

Sure! And perhaps its just from what I have experienced from Nez, his humor is more aligned with Douglas Adams and that kind of non-sequitur that I find hilarious. That said, I haven't been able to see the Mike & Micky Show, as I had tickets for Keswick. I just haven't found Peter Tork to be relevant or interesting since 1968, and neither his goofy monkee act or his musicianship is anything to write home about in my opinion. I harbor similar thought about post 1969 Davy Jones. Again, my opinion only, so please don't hit me!!! Haha

Brian Mc likes this.
  11. DanofDune

DanofDune Forum Resident

Agreed. The music and Head are the two components of the Monkees that keep me coming back. The TV Show was integral sure, but doesn't age well or maintain its revolutionary impact. It always boggles me when Nez talks about the Monkees being a TV show, I mean... Nez, you were a driving force behind the music, you should recognize that the music is what keeps us all interested! Nobody would buy a Monkees Present deluxe edition box set if the impact of the Monkees was strictly a TV phenomenon.

12. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I picked up on that more so at the Cleveland Show. He even cut Nez off at times.

13. FredV

FredV Senior Member Thread Starter

14. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Looks like the FNB tour is officially still on. Andrew S. has announced on FB that more dates will be added.

D-rock, Hep Alien and marmalade like this.
  15. marmalade

marmalade Forum Resident

I know there's a few of us out here who purchased tickets for the last four shows. so I'm wondering although I haven't heard anything from Ticketmaster or The Beacon Theater.. I guess we just hang on to these tickets and wait for a date to appear. I'm also thinking it has to be a logistical challenge to work in those 4 dates within a whole tour at the same venue somehow. I'm sure can be done but you have to wonder.

jammincrowe and Hep Alien like this.
  16. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Funny how we all have different tastes...I think by and large the show has aged better than Head. Not every episode, but overall the show is pretty darn funny! The Monkees delivered on the comic timing. To me, the movie's a little long and overreaches a bit ~ the music's great, though, and I do enjoy some of those scenes.

DanofDune likes this.
  17. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I swear I saw an add on fb saying there would be an announcement this morning at 10am. I can't find anything. Anyone else?

18. agundy

agundy Forum Resident

I saw the ad, too...nothing since...

19. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Maybe it's next year or Nez overslept.

20. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

I think the just of it was that the FNB tour is still on, with more dates to be added. There was a FB post stating as much being passed around by Andrew, Micky, Live Almanac, and all the usual suspects this morning.

Hep Alien and DanofDune like this.
  21. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Got a presale ticket for the NYC FNB show.

A bad seat (I think) but just wanted to get the ticket.

Hep Alien likes this.
  22. lids3qy

lids3qy Forum Resident

I never heard any more about Nez's illness that caused the last of the tour to be cancelled. I have tickets to the FNB tour in September but regardless of that I hope he is well. The show I'm going to is not on his website anymore but the theater still has tickets for it.

23. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

For some reason they changed the date of the Chicago show, I think one day later.

24. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

From the The Monkees Tour FB page upon announcing his FNB tour was still on, 1st comment by them ...

"With respect to all questions regarding Nez's health issues: they will be answered in time by him personally. As for the delay in announcing and putting on sale scheduled dates: this was done to prevent any disappointment with having to potentially reschedule while Michael was healing. Please respect that he cares deeply about his fans and wishes only to deliver the best performances possible."

25. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

That is a wonderful place to see a concert. Not a bad seat in the house. I got one in the 9th row center orchestra.

Hep Alien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.