Doug Rayburn (Pavlov's Dog, etc.), R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bhazen, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB Thread Starter

Doug Rayburn, producer, composer, multi-instrumentalist and great guy, has passed from this world ...

Probably best-known as a member of Pavlov's Dog, St. Louis prog-rock legends, Doug was an unerringly musical guy. I was privileged to work with him in a couple of bands here in Seattle back in the '80s (Hi-Fi, Mad Shadows) as well as on sessions. Soft-spoken, humorous and massively intelligent, a rare talent. I lost touch with him in recent years after his move back to St. Louis, and was just thinking about getting in touch with him when (as it seems to happen) I got the news. Among other things, I regret I'll never get to hear the incredible modern art music he worked on privately. Miss you Doug.

2. bhazen

~bump~

3. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Does anybody here have the ABC Records pressing of Pampered Menial?
    Rare is not the word.
    Great prog band. RIP Doug.:shake:

4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

RIP Doug. I had the honor to meet and visit with him for a few minutes at the Pavlov's Dog reunion show in St. Louis in 2004.

5. jgreen

jgreen Well-Known Member

A great guy who I had the privelge of working with a few years ago. RIP Doug.

6. bhazen

::bump::

7. Yes, I have an original ABC U.S. LP purchased back in the day. I know it's rare but didn't know how rare.
    :thumbsup:
    Very sad. R.I.P. :(

8. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.