Easy way to rip CDs?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Diver110, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I ripped the GF's entire CD collection to Flac using dBpoweramp. Did it in batches of 15 or so. Her collection isn't huge and I would say 99.99% of it ripped with no issues. It wasn't essential that it all ripped flawlessly. I have a life.

I would say rip to Flac whatever you do initially. Its quicker for one. This meant that after the collection was in Flac I was then able to use the dBpoweramp converter to copy and convert the whole 80GB collection to 320kbps MP3 (for the car) in one go.

It took a hour to squash it down to 27GB (about 3000 tracks) on my 8 core workstation. Just start the conversion and go have a cup of coffee.

2. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I've only ripped a few CDs and I just uploaded them into I-tunes, they sound fine for mobile use. One day I rip my other CDs properly I guess but I only own about 50.

3. Diver110

Diver110 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have a Macbook Pro on which I have loaded Windows. On the Apple side I ripped some CDs for an ex-girl friend using Apple lossless. With dBpoweramp, does it make a difference if I use the Windows side or the Apple side? Should I re-rip everything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.