EBay Australia has 15% off ANY purchase today using code CBIGSUNDAY

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by imarcq, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley... Thread Starter

eBay.com.au (only) supposedly have a 15% off deal on any purchase over $50 you make using Paypal all day till midnight. Use the code CBIGSUNDAY

http://www.ebay.com.au/

otherdimension likes this.
  2. imarcq

If anyone uses this it would be interesting to know how it works. They say they have 60,000 coupon opportunities. Presumably the seller gets the full amount from Paypal, but the buyer gets it for 15% less? Or do they refund the discount later? I'm unsure how they actually work this out....it could work out well on a big ticket item like the Led Zep or Beatle boxes?

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Read the Terms and Conditions...all questions are answered there. Max discount is $ 100.00 .

4. imarcq

I did have a quick look but didn't see how sellers were effected? Presumably not at all? And it doesn't actually say exactly what mechanism they use apart from using the coupon and Paypal. Although $100 max discount would mean spending $667 to get 15% off. So that's the CSNY set? ;)

I'm wondering if people outside Australia can actually get the discount as long as they buy something listed on the eBay.com.au site? It doesn't really specify that either. However most things are more expensive here anyway. But it might be a good way to get some early Beatle vinyl pressings as many are made from the UK plates. But I guess 15% is small change anyway! I'm not bothering and I live here. I feel sorry for a guy who I sold $100 of records on eBay late last night. If he had waited until today he would have got them for $85. I assume I would still get the full amount?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  5. imarcq

Terms and conditions of 15% off on eBay - Sunday 22 June 2014
    [​IMG]
    Terms & conditions
    1. By using or attempting to use the redemption code for this offer, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
    2. This offer commences at 10:01 (AEST) on June 22, 2014 and ends at 23:59 (AEST) on June 22, 2014 (“Offer Period”).
    3. The offer entitles you to a 15% discount off the total purchase price (total purchase value of $50 or more) on one transaction on eBay.com.au during the Offer Period.
    4. The discount is redeemable by entering the Coupon Code during checkout.
    5. You must purchase and make payment during the Offer Period.
    6. The offer is only available to purchases with a minimum spend of $50.
    7. The total discount amount payable is capped to a maximum discount of $100 per transaction.
    8. There are a limited number of coupons available and once exhausted the Offer will be withdrawn. It is estimated that there are about 60,000 coupons available for redemption based on average item spend per customer. We will indicate on the website when coupons are running down in number.
    9. The coupon code requires payment with PayPal in order to take effect.
    10. The coupon code can be used for 1 transaction per person during the Offer Period.
    11. To redeem this offer, enter the coupon code into the coupon code box during the checkout process. You must be an eBay.com.au registered member.
    12. Your eBay.com.au and PayPal accounts must be active at the time of redemption (not suspended nor made inactive by eBay or PayPal) and be registered under the same email address.
    13. In the event you return or seek a refund on any item purchased using this discount, the value of the discount will not be refunded to you.
    14. This offer cannot be withdrawn into your bank account and cannot be transferred.
    15. To the extent permitted by law, eBay or PayPal will not be responsible for any loss incurred by you in redeeming or attempting to redeem the offer or for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense, or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of the offer.
    16. Sellers are responsible for their own stock and eBay does not guarantee the availability of stock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. imarcq

Yes it's still working I had another buyer purchase a vinyl set I had listed for $119 which he just got for about $102. That's quite a big hit for eBay to absorb isn't it? Now I need to check my Paypal to see I got the full amount though!

7. imarcq

Offer finished now btw. Was for Sunday only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.