Ebayer Finds A New Use For LPs

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by GP, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GP

GP Senior Member Thread Starter

2. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

I dunno if its a bad thing...actually kind of cool. There's plenty of vinyl out there that's not playable, remember...

3. GP

GP Senior Member Thread Starter

I guess you're right. Maybe I'll buy one. I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust my VTA for one of these. ;)

4. I notice he pictures the sleeve aswell ... but the vinyl is now, well, a bowl (we need a shrug smiley).

5. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

I think the Shure V15 series will track it...:laugh:

6. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

Throw that man in a cauldron full of liquid hot vinyl :D

7. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

Hey, if the record's trashed, why not? Beats throwing it away.

Ryan

8. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

I've seen these at flea markets, nothing new....who knows if the vinyl is in lousy shape or not....no matter, there's plenty of most titles out there, and it is a cool conversation piece...though it would be funnier if it were something truly collectible except in very poor shape(but with good labels)....then you have something special, and since it wouldn't play worth a damn anyway....you can use it to scare your collector friends!

I can see it now....THE 'CHIRPIN' CRICKETS!!:laugh: :laugh: JOHNNY BURNETTE & THE ROCK'N'ROLL TRIO!!:laugh: :laugh:

I like the concept, hope the guy who finds those makes sure they are in lousy condition....:eek:

ED:ed:

9. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Thrift shop vinyl is usually quite trashed...especially the ones that are stuck in bins with no jackets. That feels worse than finding a bowl made out of an LP! Sort of... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.