Elton John Vinyl Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sunsales, Feb 15, 2017.

1. That’s the perfect price for that record. Did you pay that or did they pay you ?

I kid :tiphat:

e.s. likes this.
  2. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

If you're in the UK and can get your hands on original DJM pressings inexpensively, that may be your best option. We're not really in the same boat here in the USA, especially once he moves from the original UNI label to MCA.

3. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Now, now. Don't prejudice the man before he listens. Many people think it's a great album (including me). :)

Mazzy likes this.
  4. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

And it's really getting old, man....

ego1jr likes this.
  5. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Just scored an original Japanese white label DJM Don’t Shoot Me for 20 bucks. Oh my. Finally, this album sounds as it should. Can only compare to the new re-issue and my original MCA, both will be relegated to the bin of no return in the bowels of my basement. Wonder how it compares to the original UK. Anyone have both to compare? Would be surprised to hear this record sounding better than this Japanese pressing.

Mazzy likes this.
  6. Smile a bit. Hanging out and playing Records with friends is about Music and having fun and kidding around sometimes. This ain’t science class.

7. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Maz did you grab Too Low For Zero, How is it?
    I was given an old US Sterling a few weeks ago. I've only had this title on cassette previously so I've nothing for comparison

8. I did not. I stopped at 1975. I think I’m good for now.

9. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

I smiled the first 100 times. Now I just roll my eyes.

10. gadgetman

gadgetman Forum Resident

Just listened to songs from west coast, and is brilliant until the very last track my fav this train and a loud pop damm. This is now the second loud pop the other was too low 4 zero which was last track also, i returned twice but gave up. Cannot decide to send this back or not i got a good price £16.99 (black Friday deal). I'm sure i read in this long thread someone else had same issue. decisions decisions.

11. You'd really return an album with two pops on it? To each his own I guess..

ted321 likes this.
  12. JamesRR

JamesRR Trashcan Dream

That's too bad. I just opened a copy I bought 7 months ago and it played great. It's worth it to replace if you like the album - not to mention this one will have some value down the line once it's OOP. It was very much in demand before it even was pressed.

13. gadgetman

gadgetman Forum Resident

I first listened on headphones and the pop seemed quite loud. Having now listened on my speakers does not sound too loud now so decided will not send back. My replacement could be worse, really pleased with this vinyl got captain fantastic to listen to now, heard through headphones no pops :)

14. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I didn't even realize there were out. Saw Tumbleweed yesterday at the store and came here to see what's up. I guess I will have to pick this up! One of my favorite albums of all time!

15. JamesRR

JamesRR Trashcan Dream

Yes, 16 albums were issued on vinyl this year, including Songs from the West Coast among a host of others from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s.

Adam Bosman likes this.
  16. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I hope Made In England is coming. For me, that was his last good and consistent album.

17. JamesRR

JamesRR Trashcan Dream

I don't think it is. I think the 16 that came out in 2017 are it. They pretty much released all the albums that were never on vinyl at any point. MIE did see a vinyl release in the 90s.

18. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Need to pick up some of these new pressings (Honky, Tumbleweed, Madman, at least). I have been listening to the "To Be Continued..."
    box set all these years, but never got the vinyl for some of his best albums.

19. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Did this include a digital download card? I saw a copy of the Tumbleweed reissue for $10.

20. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

No. I believe the download cards were for the EU releases only, but I could be wrong on that score. I purchased several of these Elton remasters and none came with a card.

21. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Are there any more albums planned for release in 2018?

22. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I know they've been supplanted by other collections, but for anyone who stops with Elton as of Blue Moves, the two original Greatest Hits albums would still be nice reissues. They gather up the non-album singles from his classic years and are great listens.

23. Maybe an expanded edition of Blue Moves

Ben Adams likes this.
  24. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

With the slower, more depressing takes.

Jrr and Mazzy like this.
  25. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Coupled with an expanded Grape Jam?

Ben Adams and Mazzy like this.