Elvis Film by Film Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Raylinds, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anfield ace

anfield ace Active Member

I'm getting mixed views here, because some Elvis sites are advertising both as region free, so i'm trying to find someone in EU or UK reg B user , who has them, and can confirm definately!

Cheers,

Mal UK

2. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

I can confirm that the Kino discs are region a locked. I have a Panasonic region b player and an old Oppo region a player and the discs won't play on the Panasonic.

3. anfield ace

anfield ace Active Member

Ah' OK, thats a shame, I'll have to get a region A player one day!...thanks for your trouble!

Mal...

4. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

this thread keeps threatening to come alive then dies....we're still on King Creole?

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Jailhouse Rock color version.
    Is there a official version?

6. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

There was a colorized version of it. It came in the early 90's I think but it has never been released on dvd officially, only VHS.

alexpop likes this.
  7. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Sacrilege!

Shawn likes this.
  8. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

I haven't seen it in over 20 years but I think this is it. I have read that it was very expensive to colorize and that some of the colors were unknown.

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

Looks beautiful to me

10. alexpop

Baby I Don't Care ".

11. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

That's a pretty good colorization. I would like to see the big title song production number in color.

12. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

13. alexpop

Baby Your So Square" :righton:

14. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

For me Elvis's best movie is Roustabout with Barbara Stanwyck. Plus, any movie with Mr Haney from Green Acres in it is A-OK with me!!

In all seriousness tho, the soundtrack from this movie is fantastic and one my favorite Elvis platters.

15. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

that was a good one, you could tell elvis was trying...... you can ell when he takes the film seriously when the smirking is at a minimum. It Happened at the World Fair is pretty good. One Broken Heart For Sale one of his underrated film songs

artfromtex likes this.
  16. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Yes, he did, and the reason was because of Barbara Stanwyck. People at Paramount who were close to Elvis gave him a heads up, that when youre working with Barbara Stanwyck, you know your lines cold and you dont mess around.
    She had a reputation as a True professional , a super hard worker, and didnt tolerate actors who didnt take things as seriously as she did.
    Elvis, as it turned out, had a ton of respect for her and took the movie seriously and did a very good job.
    Stanwyck did this movie just before she signed on to do "The Big Valley" TV series, which she was GREAT in.

The Roustabout soundtrack reached Number One on the Billboard Albums chart in 1964. A terrific soundtrack, one of my favorites.

artfromtex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.