Enuff Z'Nuff - Who else is a fan?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rocketdog, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh i can't say enough about the guy & he's NEVER forgotten me ever , he always lets me hang & that's nice to hear he was outside meeting people prior to the show , just amazing & that's a really great double bill ..

The biggest gigs i have seen them play were they toured the 2nd album opening for Nelson who were huge at that time , some of those venues were good sized .
    And they opened one of the Poison tours i think in 2001 ? so i saw them in a 20,000 seater outdoor gig , funny that show i had maybe 15th row seats which i bought , figured i won't bother chip , maybe catch him after the show , no Lie he came out to me & my girls seats in the crowd after his set to make sure he said hello to me & to tell me to meet him at the bus later after the whole show ................ Just unreal .
    All the current guys are super nice as well , he has a good band now , Tony the other guitar player was once in Ultravox & then a band out of NYC called LUXX who i used to do work for late 90's early 2000's ..... Hoping they get near boston soon , they were last up here summer 2016 .

walrus, Rocketdog and Clanceman like this.
  2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh Donnie sober is super nice guy , catch him on the wrong day & wrong substance & it's trouble , a guy that could sing the Phonebook & make it sound good :)

longdist01, Rocketdog and Clanceman like this.
  3. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

WOW

4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

New Enuff Z'nuff Album on the way soon , current live line-up , out on Frontiers .....

Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

link?

6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

No link , i know people in the band , they are finishing up recording now ..........

7. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

It’s a talented lineup.

These guys have been incredible live. Surprised at how well Chip handles the vocals & fronting the band.

Love Clowns Lounge. Look forward to anything new.

One question: is Donnie V. involved w the new record?

8. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

No Donnie is just doing his own solo stuff now , he's been posting about new music this year as well , I have not seen him in quite a few years , i just know they have been cutting tracks at Chip's Studio & they just finished guitars so it's close to done as far as recording .
    My only guess is it will be similar to that 1st track off clowns lounge , i'm Excited too I agree the current live band is kicking ass , they also have two strong singers & writers in both Tony & Tory , so fingers crossed this Does well for them .
    Clowns lounge must have sold for them to be able to do a full album with frontiers .

Clanceman, Rocketdog and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Matthew Tate

so not a mix of old and new tunes again? around the time of clowns lounge chip had said if they did another album it would probably be old and new again but this time more new than old

Clanceman likes this.
  10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I Honestly can't answer that , i have no idea ............ From what i understand all new recordings , but there may be older written songs as new recordings ? If i find out more i'll post ;)

11. Matthew Tate

thank you. I know the band has tons of 1988-1994 material recorded that still hasn't been released.

longdist01, Clanceman and Davidmk5 like this.
  12. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member Thread Starter

Clanceman, Davidmk5 and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks !!! love stuff like this ;)

Even prior to that 1st album they had so many great songs , i heard a lot of them around that time & even some Demos for that 1st album that were great , they have so much great tunes just laying around , we may even see another Clowns lounge II at some point ................ there was a Deal in place for a 4-cd set with Cleopatra that was supposed to be a ton of unreleased demos & live stuff .........not sure why it never happened , guessing Frontiers stepped in with a better Deal .
    They are Doing some Usa touring after heading overseas , the USA dates will be in may-july out with Bulletboys ..... right now they have new york , new hampshire & mass. booked for 3rd week of may .

Clanceman, Rocketdog and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Matthew Tate

if they come near virginia i'm there

Davidmk5 and Clanceman like this.
  15. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

It is a terrible name... and I did assume that they were a hair metal band.

This thread is my first exposure to them

Davidmk5 and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Matthew Tate

what do you think of them?

Clanceman and Davidmk5 like this.
  17. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

Waiting until after tonight's designated listening (The War on Drugs- Lost in the Dream and Slowdive-Souvlaki) is finished, and then I will be checking them out

Clanceman, Davidmk5 and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. Matthew Tate

Oh cool. Not sure what I'd recommend. The first album is too 80s hair metal produced. Strength is the best album imo. There are great songs on every album

longdist01 and Clanceman like this.
  19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I like the first 3. That’s all
    I have and have ever heard. I used to get these guys mixed up with Love/Hate.

20. Matthew Tate

You can't mean musically. They sound nothing alike

Clanceman likes this.
  21. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

No just the name, who they are. Same with Badlands and Blue Murder. This before I had the albums by these bands just a few years ago but seen the names in metal mags since 89.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Saw Chip last night , Album is pretty much Done & ready , he says the songs are all new songs ....... looks like they ares shooting for may-june release , nothing Definitive yet .

23. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Donnie Vie is doing a solo album .......new song is really good ...... To me a lot of this crowd funding stuff is getting a bit out of hand ....

Donnie Vie: New Album

Also Enuff Z'nuff just landed in the U.K. for some gigs for anyone over there ;)

Rocketdog, Matthew Tate and Clanceman like this.
  24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thanks for updates on the new album and band activity...found this amongst a stack of tapes, had Strength CD somewhere, but not sure how this got to me...

[​IMG]

Davidmk5, Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member Thread Starter

Davidmk5 and Clanceman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.