Enuff Z'Nuff - Who else is a fan?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rocketdog, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member Thread Starter

Davidmk5 and Clanceman like this.
  2. crosscatch

crosscatch Forum Resident

That wasn't an actual date and it wasn't a great career move either.

3. Eddie Winters

Eddie Winters Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested, I just had a fairly in-depth interview with Chip Z'Nuff over the weekend. We chatted about the new ENuff Z'Nuff album that is slated to be released this year, the new band, Chip's relationship with Donnie, and a lot more. He was a really gracious guy and we had a very honest and open conversation. Hope you dig it...

Brenald79, walrus, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  4. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I've probably posted this before, but in case you missed it... Somewhere around '89 or '90 I was having dinner with Chip at a nice restaurant in Minneapolis. I was wearing a Yellow Submarine tie which Chip kept commenting about, I think he wanted me to give it to him. Sometime during the course of the meal Chip sparks up a joint inside the restaurant. This was before smoking was banned in most restaurants so it wasn't so much the smoking as it was WHAT he was smoking.:biglaugh: I wasn't bothered by the substance but I was pretty shocked that he fired it up right there at the table.:laugh: This was an upscale place but it was a big place, very crowded, and there we're lots of plants in the room(in addition to the one Chip brought in.) He didn't get too many hits before someone who was dining with us told him he should probably put it out and save it for later. He was a very nice guy, and we had a nice evening.

5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I've heard some recollections from Blue Island fans that Chip is cool...sometimes the mood happens.

Some interesting updates on the forthcoming album and the interview posted today!

6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Well i was out with the Z'nuff boys past 2 nights , Great shows & as always Amazing people , the new Album will finally be out in september , they were waiting for a Label to approve it ...............so it finally coming .
    There will also be a pretty big fall tour that Live nation is putting on , it will be a 4 band bill with them on it & is being booked into 1500 - 3,000 seaters , places like the house of Blues & small theaters etc.
    Right now they are out doing shows with the Bulletboys , Both bands sounding great !

7. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I just wish the bulletboys would do an album that sounds somewhat like the bulletboys. The singer still sounds great but he does pop punk mostly now

Clanceman and Davidmk5 like this.
  8. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I liked the last Album & what i've heard of the new one , but it's certainly different from those 1st two albums , he's been all over the place since then ....

Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Matthew Tate

I really liked zaza as well. the next album was grunge. the album sophie was similar to zaza. 10 cent was pop punk and modern rock. the last album had some lements of early 90's bulletboys and then this new one is back to more modern stuff

10. Matthew Tate

btw i really thought faster pussycat would survive the grunge movement. the bands 3rd album whipped really fit in with the early 90's alternative scene

Juggsnelson, Clanceman and Davidmk5 like this.
  11. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Zaza was great for sure , it was kinda cool to hear Marq sing like that , he almost went steve perry/Sam cooked on the ballad type stuff ....... 10 cent/Acid monkey they lost me a bit ........ Elephant i like some of the tunes & this new one though modern , i like the writing .
    Faster pussycat , another band i really loved & i agree I thought that 3rd album would have slid right in , then after that they went Bizzaro , i've liked parts of what Taime has done since but nothing even comes close to those original 3 .

12. Matthew Tate

the newlydeads were fantastic. i thought they would be huge. about 10 years ago taime seemed to really lose his muse

13. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

They say Taime has some fire back , i know someone in the camp & they said he quit both Drinking & smoking ......... seems Bizarre , but they say the live shows have a new Kick to them ,Hopefully he starts writing something good again .

14. Matthew Tate

that is true. I just meant its been about 10 years now since something new came out but before that he was pretty much releasing something every 3-4 years . I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

shame at the start of the 90's there were a bunch of cool bands that no one knew how to market and they ended up going nowhere.
    -Saigon kick
    -neverland
    -I, napoleon
    -kingofthehill
    -love on ice
    -kik tracee
    -animal bag

15. Rocketdog

If you hadn't heard, the other three original members of the Bulletboys - guitarist Mick Sweda, bassist Lonnie Vincent and drummer Jimmy D'anda - have a new project called Lies, Decit & Treachery. Not much music out from them yet, but here's one clip, and it's closer in style to the older Bulletboys music than the current Bulletboys are.

They have a Facebook page you can follow them at, too.

Davidmk5, Matthew Tate and Clanceman like this.
  16. Matthew Tate

I knew that but thought they had a singer issue too lol. those guys can't keep or don't want to hang out with a singer

Davidmk5 likes this.
  17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Which Neverland are you referring to?

18. Matthew Tate

they were a band that had a song "drinkin again" on a bill and ted movie . at least I think that's the name of the song

Clanceman, Rocketdog and Sentient Six like this.
  19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Cool, I see they did on album on Interscope in 1991. 10 other bands with the same name.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Matthew Tate

yes. lots of bands with that name

21. Rocketdog

An excellent album all the way through! And you're right, Neverland (along with the other bands you mentioned) were kind of a bridge band between the sound that was - hair/glam metal - and the sound that was about to be - alternative/grunge, and the label's and radio had no idea what to do with them. They were also the first band signed to Interscope Records, which was still a new label in 1991.

Neverland's drummer, Scott Garett, ended up in The Cult around the time of their self-titled 1994 album. A couple of years later, during a split from The Cult, Ian Astbury formed a short lived side project called Holy Barbarians, and Garret, along with his brother Matt (on bass) and Neverland guitarist/songwriter, Patrick Sugg, rounded out the group. They did one called Cream, on Atlantic Records (I believe).

Matthew Tate and Davidmk5 like this.
  22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Were Last Crack and Collision in that group of early 90s bands as well?

23. Matthew Tate

thanks. never knew about that about

Rocketdog likes this.
  24. Matthew Tate

good call. yes these 2 bands were part of that "are they rock/metal or alternative" influx that no one knew how to handle.

there were also some really good straight up hard rock bands in the late 80's/early 90's that went nowhere, mainly due to grunge and the changing music scene
    roxy blue
    tora tora
    rhino bucket
    every mothers nightmare
    circus of power
    wildside
    the scream (we know what happened to the singer though)
    war babies
    asphalt ballet
    sister whiskey

Rocketdog and Brenald79 like this.
  25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

First single from the album is out today !

The Album has a Release date for august 10th now ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.