Eric Clapton records with The Rolling Stones on their new blues album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by crossroads69, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

It's just those kind of fans moaning over their wasted years.
    Sure, the world used to be a better place when they were young, so they have to put the blame on someone and worship others to confirm to themselves that life went by pretty fast. Mick and Keith are in those people's eyes just fakers, because they got succesful. A lot better to die at 27 with your legacy intact or to leave for playing blues-clubs for drunks...

Fullbug and Carserguev like this.
  2. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

If I recall correctly, you were a naysayer on the blues album from the beginning.

Dave Hoos, Fullbug and Zoot Marimba like this.
  3. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

Well, I for one am looking forward to this release. Anything we get at this stage I'll be grateful for - we'll miss them when they're gone :(

4. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

I hope that Clapton played a Gibson on these recordings

5. MidnightRocks

MidnightRocks Forum Resident

No overdubs. Live electric guitars. I thought Stones fans would be ecstatic about this!

Lots of bands I'd love to see do similar.

6. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Like you, I'd love to see/hear that, but if he didn't play one at the Cream shows, he sure as hell isn't likely to play one now.

Dave Hoos, somnar and bababooey like this.
  7. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Writer's block.

John Fell likes this.
  8. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

You either don't know much about recording, or you missed the part where they all recorded into a circle into room mics with no punch ins, edits ot overdubs.

Anyway, you should read Was' quote, either once or again, whichever applies...

mbrownp1 and Mark Wilson like this.
  9. telepicker97

He grabbed one of Keith's guitars. Keith has quite a few Gibsons.

mbrownp1 likes this.
  10. telepicker97

A lot of people with comprehension problems here.

They recorded this while in pre-production for the new album. Of which they have plenty of songs for. No writer's block.

They just liked the way these songs sounded, so they're sharing them with us

Jeez. Hooked on phonics?

11. All three got out their vintage gear for the CREAM rehearsals and didn't like using any of it, that's why they went with their current gear. It would be nice to hear Clapton play a 335 again or a Les Paul. I am excited about the Stones album. They recorded a couple days of blues with Bill, rehearsing for the 50th Anniversary show rehearsals. It'd be great if they used some of that, but that's wishful thinking. It would of been nice if those sessions would of leaked out.

John Fell and Jonboy like this.
  12. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

I'm in!

hopefully someone will get the mastering right.

Six Bachelors likes this.
  13. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

Very cool news and couldn't have come at a better time. I didn't think they'd really do this, but glad to be proven wrong. Wonder if that's the album cover? Kinda hope so cause every release featuring Charlie or his name on the cover has been a great one. :)

I noticed the blue tongue on the app the other day too, and wondered.

Mark

14. MHP

No. I think it's gonna be interesting.
    But to prefer blues covers over new material, which are a lot more interesting artistically, shows generally lack of interest and are only adding to those people wishing Mick Taylor was a part of the band and that it was 1974 all over again. How about moving on and accept that the band will never be what it was, which is a good thing, since the band have moved on in contrast to old nostalgic fans.

15. I do want that to be the cover, and for all my disdain for Mick and Keef and the Stones machine, they do pleasantly surprise sometimes and this would be a great one.

Dave Hoos and Mark Wilson like this.
  16. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

That's exactly why I believe an album of new songs will not be that interesting to me compared to an album of covers. The band is not what it used to be. The only album that I listen to much since Tattoo You is Voodoo Lounge and I made my own version of that. I deleted some of the weaker songs and added the single b-sides.

In addition, I am also a big blues fan so an album of blues covers it great is my book.

Dave Hoos, shepherdfan and RogerB like this.
  17. MHP

Well, Mr. Fell, you have never fully been satisfied with anything the band has created.
    You do always have your own vision of how it should have been done with your hundreds of homemade cd-r albums.
    I'm not saying that is wrong, but to me that shows a kind of arrogant environment that is hard to take seriously.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  18. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

I find the blues a bit boring myself. I would prefer R&B covers, since that is how I perceive the band's heritage. Mick brought the house down with his Solomon Burke tribute at the Grammys a few years.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

And you always take the company line with every release and say they are great no matter what. Are you on their payroll?

20. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

Agree 100% :agree:

Dave Hoos and John Fell like this.
  21. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

New songs record=boring
    New blues record=interesting

Simple as that and your miles may vary and all that

john lennonist and John Fell like this.
  22. MHP

No, but I prefer to look at the positives.

23. Don't get him started about Brian Jones and what he plays on...Because you will get the answer to your question pretty darn quick!

Dave Hoos likes this.
  24. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'm ready for a new Stones album.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  25. MHP

True. And that's because I know my stuff, as opposed to a certain gentlemen here, who can hear Brian Jones guitar-solo's on songs without solo's, Brian Jones lead-guitar on never-existing 1968 live versions of Jumpin Jack Flash or Brian Jones slide-guitar on takes of Jig-Saw Puzzle...

Pinstripedclips likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.