eRock.net - anybody have any info???

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

I came across this site today. E-bay clone? Maybe it's brand new - I don't see any bids on anything.

eRock.net

Donald

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Many have tried and many have failed...That is unfortunate. Ebay has sort of a Monopoly! :( I wish them luck.:thumbsup: I haven't heard anything about them.

3. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Their ads say it is the official online auction of rock and roll.

4. mjb

mjb Senior Member

I'll tell you one thing -- they won't be around for very long if they continue to use such an obvious eBay logo knockoff. Big poppa has deep pockets and lots of lawyers...

[​IMG]

5. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Is it my imagination, or is the only stuff there three pages of Stones? That's a startup all right, and with that logo, soon to be unstarted.

ED:cool:

6. mjb

mjb Senior Member

Donald's link takes you to a Rolling Stones search result... click on the "Home" link, and you can peruse the site more thoroughly.

7. Ed Bishop

Thanks; will do.

8. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

These guys have been around for several years. I, too, am surprised they still have that logo.

9. Ed Bishop

Gave the site a cursory once-over; I noticed a 'copyright 1998-2003' at the bottom of a few pages, so they've been around. But the pages I sampled all had new items and no bids. Hmmm....went under and are now starting over?

ED :cool:

10. stereoptic

I thought the same thing. Seems like they might be starting off with a bunch of their own "sellers" with items they bought off of e-bay last month (I can't confirm that - just conjecture on my part)

Donald

11. Ed Bishop

I'm going to keep an eye on them. There is one little vinyl piece that interests me; but I can sit on it for awhile, since the auction doesn't close for a week or two. Kinda curious as to what they're up to, but I already registered, so we'll see. If nobody knows they're there, however, won't do them much good.

12. stereoptic

I'm gonna do the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.