Eurythmics 2018 Vinyl Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ad180, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Anyone picking up the last 2 this Friday or has everyone spent out on Kate Bush reissues?

2. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur.

buying first Kate Bush box and relying on original 2CD copy of Aerial. Apparently, there is a duet or collaboration with someone creepy or criminal so they're remixing him out of Aeriel for the re-issue. Now I'm not a fan of anything criminal but I don't like messing with the album as an artistic statement. We wouldn't delete Michael Jackson from "Say Say Say"...

3. Limopard

Limopard National Dex #143

Cancelled my WTAO order - indeed mainly due to the Kate Bush reissues. But I'm also convinced that in this case the original release can hardly be improved.

4. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Thought this was an Eurythmics thread?

sunspot42 and ad180 like this.
  5. Max Florian

Max Florian Forum Resident

You have put a chill in my heart.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Lol. Touche'.

Max Florian likes this.
  7. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

.....says the guy who brought up Julia Holter in a Kate Bush thread! :biglaugh:

hi_watt and Max Florian like this.
  8. Limopard

Listened to the new WTAO on Tidal. With volume normalization not that much better than the 1989 original, without normalization louder, but still below the 2005 ear bleeder.

A bit more upper midrange than the original, the latter sounds slightly dulled out in comparision. No mandatory purchase this time. I guess the vinyl buyers will get the full dynamic version once again.

Muzmus likes this.
  9. Limopard

10. Limopard

Bought the WTAO vinyl and - despite of looking right - the voucher led to a download of "Peace"...

11. dammci

dammci Forum Resident

Me too. If you contact [email protected] they will be able to help you out.

12. Limopard

I already contacted them. Nevertheless, thanks for your help.
    So the issue should be known and help should be provided quite quickly (so I hope).

13. Limopard

I already got a working download code. Wow, that was fast!

14. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

As of December 2018, the Eurythmics and Annie Lennox videos that have been remastered from the original film elements are:

Annie Lennox - Walking on Broken Glass [1080] (2018 remaster)

Annie Lennox - No More "I Love You's" [1080] (2018 remaster)
    Annie Lennox - No More "I Love You's" (Official Video)

Eurythmics - Beethoven (I Love to Listen To) [1080] (2018 remaster)
    Eurythmics - Beethoven (I Love to Listen To) (Official Video)

Eurythmics - You Have Placed A Chill In My Heart (2018 remaster)
    Eurythmics - You Have Placed a Chill In My Heart (Video Remastered)

I haven’t checked to see if there is some common theme to which ones they’ve remastered - perhaps the same director? Glad to see it is both solo and Eurythmics output that is being restored.

D-rock and sunspot42 like this.
  15. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Did anyone get Peace on vinyl in the end?

16. frankie75

frankie75 Active Member

I got it, and its looking good. But the inner package got damaged, not sure during transport.

Porkpie likes this.
  17. Andrea_Bellucci

Andrea_Bellucci Forum Resident

Hi Guys!

I bought the 2018 Reissues/Remaster of Love is a Stranger and Touch.

I can confirm that they sound great and the pressing ist also quite good.

This week I will get In The Garden and hope the quality is as good as the other two.

Are the newer ones like Peace and Savage also as good as the first ones? I can see that the DR on the DLCs is slightly decreasing, so I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks.

Bye Andrea

18. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I picked up Peace and was not thrilled with it. Ear fatigue set in and it seemed very loud.

I have In the Garden and 1984, both of which sound excellent, so this was a major disappointment. I suspect now that the loudness might be in the recording and not bad mastering.

Andrea_Bellucci and Porkpie like this.
  19. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

The DR figures for the later remasters aren't great. The retail download of Be Yourself Tonight looks awful. Apparently the download you get access to with the LP is a different master. I'm half-tempted to pick up the Be Yourself LP just to get access to that download.

I'm not really sure any of the records after that need a remaster, or would get a remaster in this environment that would do anything but enhance their existing flaws. Revenge was always hot and a little thin - I had the album and the CD and the CD was definitely the way to go due to the high harmonics making the album a fatiguing listen (the CD is slightly better in that regard). Savage is also hot and somewhat nasal, but at least has some bass to offset it. And something about its sonic signature makes the record feel hyper-real and somewhat surreal - I don't know if I'd eff with it in any way.

I don't care enough about We Too or Peace to bother picking up another remaster. The originals sounded great, if of their time. The best-sounding records Lennox appeared on were her own Diva, Medusa and Bare. And while Touch could probably do with some tweaking, being a digital master I doubt there's much that could be done without altering the chilly character of the record, which works well with the material. Ditto for 1984.

At least the Sweet Dreams and In The Garden remasters were pretty much done right, apart from using a different take of one of the songs on Sweet Dreams. I'd rather have had the original.

20. Vandenville

Vandenville Forum Resident

I just did that when it was on sale at amazon.co.uk. The download version from the LP code is indeed better than the retail digital version. And I paid £12.99, which is about the same or less what the digital download places charge. So I got a decent remastered download - and a vinyl for free. Now what to do with that vinyl... hmm... :)

Robert C likes this.
  21. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Frisbee!!!

Vandenville likes this.
  22. Andrea_Bellucci

Andrea_Bellucci Forum Resident

Hi Guys,

today I got the 2018 Remaster of In The Garden on vinyl with DLC.

It sounds as good as Sweet Dreams and Touch to me. Very good pressing with almost no surface noise. :)

I will stay away from the newer ones because they aren't as great as the first three.

Bye Andrea

23. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

S
    A
    V
    A
    G
    E
    !

24. Vandenville

Vandenville Forum Resident

So that actually was for "Revenge", I mismatched the title. But today I bought the "Be Yourself Tonight" vinyl and not only is the download from eurythmics.com much less compressed, it's also in 24/192! :) Its a steal for £12.99 currently at amazon.co.uk... and a second free frisbee for me! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

sunspot42 likes this.
  25. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

If I buy the Touch vinyl on Amazon US, does it come with a dl code? The listing doesn't mention it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.