Everybody Loves Raymond

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerryb, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

In real life, the actress (Patricia Heaton) is a year younger than Ray Romano.

2. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Found Heaton attractive, but not an ELR fan overall.

3. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Yup. That's called, not surprisingly, "Marie's Sculpture" and is one of the best in the series. I'd have a hard time believing that someone *wouldn't* find this one funny.

Dan

4. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

Likewise. It's hilarious.

5. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

The two brothers, paralyzed with fear, standing before the sculpture.

Funny.

6. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member Thread Starter

I've been starting to watch more and more episodes of ELR and I'm still having a real hard time getting used to Ray's wife. What a strange match-up for a tv show. She looks 10 years older than Ray does. Ray is very tall and she's very short. To me it just seems hard to accept the fact that they are husband and wife. They seem like complete opposites. I don't see any chemistry between them at all. Everything seems forced and awkward between them.

7. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Yes. She takes a sculting class and her "project" is a huge ******. Ray sees it first, then Robert, Debra. Frank is transfixed on the object, constantly coming over to Ray's house to observe it. To deflect the kids, they tell them it is a boat. Marie finds out, she thinks she's a lesbian. Frank is the last to find out, the last words of the episode....HOLY CRAP! A lot more to this, you need to watch this episode. It is called Marie's Sculpture.

8. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

Then the kicker is they decide to donate it to a church (if memory serves me). Two nuns come to the house to pick it up. Priceless!

9. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

I find her funny and attractive.

10. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

I enjoy the show. A couple of favorite episodes are the one about the frequency of Frank and Marie's sex life, and the one where Robert finds out his mother-in-law smokes.

11. RockWizard

Another addition to the kicker: The two nuns that show up look VERY butch, which carries on the laughs. Another thing that was in the episode, Marie wanted Ray and Debra to keep it in their room!

12. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Ray's best line ever was at the P.T.A. meeting where he tells the audience that "everything my wife touches falls off."

13. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

the other classic episode was when Frank unwittingly handed condoms out for Halloween. I never felt the show was on a Seinfeld / Arrested Development level of genius, but i laughed regularly when the show aired. Plus having a new jersy mother, who isnt that extreme, but you see some of the same traits helped make it closer to home for me.

14. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

My favorite show was the one where they ignore the kids and argue a lot.

15. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Me too.
    Ray's not exactly handsome and he's definitely not likable, top that off with Rays mother being around all the time and she's a saint.

I always though those twin kids were funny looking.

16. RockWizard

An ironic twist to all of this is that in an interview, someone(either Ray or the producer Rosenthal) mentioned that the shows were based on something that actually happened to someone associated with the show.

There are a lot of really funny shows in this series. A bunch were mentioned in the thread.

17. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member Thread Starter

What's with the kids on ELR? They seem robotic and totally unreal in the role.

18. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Geez, now we're picking on the children? They were very young (especially the twins) at the beginning of the show, and how were the producers to know what kind of actors they'd become? I commend them for not swapping out the kids once it became apparent that they (all siblings, BTW) wouldn't turn out to be miniature Michael J. Foxes. I thought they all did decent jobs in the small roles they were given.

19. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

Patricia Heaton is as cute as a button, it is Ray that is out of place. No intelligent woman would marry such a dunce as he portrays on the show. And his brother...talk about dysfuntional. Peter Boyle was a riot.

20. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

:love:

21. VeeFan64

VeeFan64 A 60s Music Kind of Guy

That's every episode!

22. Scott Young

Scott Young Forum Resident

My favorite episode is the one with Debra suffering from PMS. Ray tries to give her some OTC PMS pills and reads the list of symptoms they're supposed to treat. Debra asks if there's anything in there for "bitchy" and Ray responds, "I think you need a prescription for that."

23. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I can honestly say there hasn't been one episode that I did laugh at...

Just seeing the parents cracks me up.:)

great talent there...

24. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

I think I know what you mean. I find it amusing but not hilarious. With two exceptions. The one with Marie and the sculpture and another episode where Robert uses a ventriloquist dummy to teach traffic school. It's what the dummy says while Robert gives the idea a dry run in front of the whole family. I did find that one laugh out loud funny. I think at the very end someone discovers the dummy's head in the freezer. If memory serves me.

It's not like "King Of Queens", for example, which I do laugh out loud at every episode. Miss that show.

Or did you mean there wasn't one episode that you didn't laugh at? I'm easily confused. :help:

25. joefont

joefont Senior Member

Why would you say that? My wife married ME didn't she! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.