Excited about an upcoming show, then it gets cancelled?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Samson7, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

I had a front row seat to that show and wasn't able to make the make-up date. Bummer.

I had a ticket to see the Manic Street Preachers in 1999. The show was postponed, rescheduled, and then canceled due to laryngitis, I think. It was ten years before I was able to catch them live. They mentioned the '99 show that never happened.

And add me to the list of guys who had tickets to Morrissey shows that were bagged.

intv7 likes this.
  2. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

Steve Reich, early/mid-90s, Montreal Place des Arts. Had tickets for something like 3rd row centre. Still bummed about it. Never seen him and was a huge fan at the time.

3. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Forum Resident

Montrose in about 73 or so,,,,,didn't show up...didn't reschedule.

4. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

In 1980 the first Kiss visit was cancelled due to a bomb threat. They had sold out our then biggest soccer stadium twice over. I had to queue for hours to get my money back.

5. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

I was thinking on going to the Soundgarden show in Houston last Thursday May 25th (never seen Soundgarden before). RIP Chris Cornell.

ODShowtime likes this.
  6. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

Led Zeppelin Buffalo 1977 - tour was canceled, never did see them - I've seen everyone else I've wanted to see.

ODShowtime likes this.
  7. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I was planning on going to the Tower theatre show in Philly when that part of the tour was cancelled. Sad I never saw Davy live.

8. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Drove through a blizzard from NYC to OH to see a GD show that got cancelled. Fortunately there was another one the next day.

9. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

Supertramp at Nassau Coliseum in 1983

With the Pretenders they got cancelled when I was in Indiana in 1981...Christie Hynde got injured while being arrested or some such nonsense. Around 1985 I went to see that at a Jones Beach NY and there was no show..she injured her leg. I called WNEW-FM and complained to them that I was listening to them all day and they never said a word. They protested it wasn't their job and I said why do you think I listen to you guys' if you don't report concert cancellations, who will? The next day they mentioned several times that the show was tentatively on..and it was. Hynde took her her knee brace after about 10 minutes

10. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

For us it would have been Zep in Boston:(

11. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

June 2006, Rolling Stones in Paris.

Keith falls out of a coconut palm tree, sustains a brain injury a couple weeks before the show. My wife and I flew to Paris anyway...I mean, c'mon, Stones or no Stones, vacation in Paris is fabulous.

12. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I'm still receiving therapy for two cancelled Australian tours! The Kinks in 1995 and The Who/Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes double-bill in 2001.

13. Harman

Harman Forum Resident

Mick Taylor at a small club in Annapolis,MD

Dahabenzapple likes this.
  14. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

The Alarm, 1990, Burlington VT

15. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Motorhead, Mercyful Fate, and Exciter. Three of my favorite bands at the time. In a very small club.

16. Beatledust

Beatledust Forum Resident

Anderson Bruford Wakeman and Howe, 1989, Park City, UT (due to Tony Levin's illness). Cancelled the day before the show, and never rescheduled.

17. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

18. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

About 10 years ago, tickets for Delbert McClinton in London. He cancelled and never rebooked (as far as I know).

19. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Ministry was scheduled to do ozzfest. They were replaced by Soulfly, who were good, but were no Ministry. Not exactly cancelled, as Uncle Al was allegedly knee deep in junk at the time.

In 1996 Ozzy was scheduled to play Normal, Illinois with Korn and the Deftones, but cancelled. The show was made up a few months later with support coming from Sepultura and Type O Negative. Thank God Ozzy cancelled!!

20. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Arranged the dates of a whole (planned) trip weeks in advance so I'd end up in Cleveland on the night Magma were playing a couple of years ago. Drove all day and got in to my Airbnb a few blocks from the venue, turned on the computer and found out they were stuck in Denver due to a snowstorm. Aargh.

21. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Several Killing Joke tours. They are the worst for postponing and outright cancelling tours.

There's one off the top of my head that was a night-of-show cancellation. AC/DC and Yngwie Malmsteen back in late 1985 at the Pacific Amphitheater in Costa Mesa, CA. This was during the height of the "Night Stalker" scare - Richard Ramirez had recently been captured after a series of gruesome home invasion murders mostly in Southern California and was linked to several AC/DC songs. This link dogged the band during their tour but they did play a show at the nearby LA Forum a few days prior. However, the day of the Costa Mesa show, it heavily rained the entire day and being an outdoor show, it was canceled late in the afternoon. We wound up getting refunds on our tickets at the box office instead of seeing the show that evening.

22. Ignominious

Ignominious Knock and Know All!

Take That on Saturday following the suicide bombing () in Manchester. We can't make they're-scheduled show as we are on holiday....my wife is gutted!

Also Supertramp in 2015 due to Rick's illness. Managed to catch Roger Hodgson at the Royal Albert Hall earlier this month which was a good consolation and an excellent show.

23. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Forum Resident

I was going to hop a plane, fly 1,000 miles and catch Michael Schenker in New York......I was going to order my plane ticket, but found out he cancelled the show....that was too close.....Phew

24. strummer101

strummer101 The insane on occasion aren't without their charms

Twice.

In 2000 or so it was announced that The Pretty Things were touring the States and stopping in Cleveland.
    They had an excellent new record out, Rage...Before Beauty. Tour cancelled because of Phil May's illness.

About 30 years ago, Lou Reed was playing an outdoor venue on the river in Cleveland. I was at the entrance, when it was announced the show was cancelled because Lou broke his leg tripping down the stage steps after sound check.

Sigh.

25. brucehf

brucehf Forum Resident

Not music, but Amy Schumer in Savannah cancelled without any explanation and never rescheduled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.