Fargo FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 15, 2014.

1. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I've not seen B.E., but what happened to Milligan reminded me of part of Vic Mackey's fate in The Shield. A tough man of action used to working in, and being the king of, the streets, gets relegated to working in an office and you can almost see the steam rising from the top of his bald head as he contemplates his new fate in life as a paperpushing desk jockey - at which point he grabs his gun and goes out anyways into the night following the beck & call of a distant police siren because he can't take not being part of the action (of course unlike Mackey, Milligan did not lose everything like Vic did - his wife, his kids, his friends, his self-esteem - now being held in contempt by every policeman who knows his sordid past etc).

2. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Are these on sale as DVD's yet?

3. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

4. Geithals

Geithals Forum Resident

No one ever expects the deus ex machina.
    Albeit a very remote possibility, but we are talking about a UFO materialising, maybe a bullet ridden Bear just actualised the image of a spaceship whilst strangling Lou

[​IMG]

and other characters in the drama were merely witnessing Bear's actualisation, not an actual spaceship.

[​IMG]

Vidiot, GentleSenator and rburly like this.
  5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Okaaaaay...

GodShifter and bopdd like this.
  6. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Better Call Saul starts soon!

davidb1 and etzeppy like this.
  7. The Absent-Minded Flaneur

The Absent-Minded Flaneur Forum Resident

Sneak preview of a spine-chilling scene from series 3
    [​IMG]

kwadguy likes this.
  8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I just finally had time this week to watch Fargo and catch up, so I'm late to the party.

My take from the British narrator that stepped in towards the end is that Hanzee the native American was just fed up and snapped and decided to not only betray the entire family, but kill them all. I think they went over the line a few too many times in just assuming he was kind of an indentured servant. To me, the whole thing was just a very angry, over-the-top reaction to many years of condescension and petty insults. I think he hated Mrs. Gerhardt as much as he did her entire family.

There was an interesting aside when Hanzee went out to the baseball field to beat the crap out of two older boys who were harassing two deaf children playing ball, and that was done as just an off-screen throwaway gag with no real payoff. To me, it's all part of the same deal: Hanzee had pretty much had enough of bullies pushing other people around.

I thought Kirsten Dunst had the most thankless role in the entire show as this neurotic self-centered b**** who had this insane idea that if they could just move out of Minnesota to California, everything would magically drop into place. Her complete disassociation from reality was unnerving. It wasn't lost on me that her husband (Jesse Plemons, "Todd" from Breaking Bad) is mortally wounded and then dies in a grocery store meat freezer, after spending 10 years of his life as a butcher and dealing with meat. The flying saucer thing was the most bizarre deus ex machina I've seen in many years, but it's not like they didn't warn us it was coming -- there were a lot of hints prior to this.

Funniest and most unexpected moment in the show: "the undertaker" shows up to relieve Mike Milligan, and despite a lengthy build-up, Milligan kills him and his two cronies in about five seconds. This is a really well-crafted show that isn't afraid to let long seemingly-boring conversations go by, and then blow your head off with 10 violent deaths in about 2 minutes.

Leviethan, Plan9, Ed Hughes and 4 others like this.
  9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

10. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

11. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Some season 3 details have surfaced. Ewan McGregor has been cast and he playes two charactes(!) - brothers Emmit and Ray Stussy.

"Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. A handsome, self-made, real estate mogul and family man, Emmit sees himself as an American success story. His slightly younger brother, Ray Stussy, on the other hand is more of a cautionary tale. Balding, pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, Ray has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt, and he blames his brother, Emmit, for his misfortunes".

Hope it doesn't end up being cheesy - I'm not usually a fan of a single actor playing multiple roles (unless of course it's Orphan Black! :))

Production begins later this year.

12. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Having to wait that long really blows chunks.

13. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

I thought the first season was excellent and wondered how season two could live up to it, but it did...I actually enjoyed it more! It's going to be a long wait until season 3

Lonson and DanBNash like this.
  14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I enjoyed it less, but am still looking forward to season 3.

GodShifter and Gibson67 like this.
  15. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Season 2 will be hard to top, but they just might, that seems to be the progression! :)

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I liked season two almost as much as one, until Martians came down to earth to intervene. Then I liked it a lot less.

Still in for Season 3.

17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Oh gawd ! enough with the
    UFO already ! there was a flash
    in the sky , get over it !

modrevolve, Rufus McDufus and rburly like this.
  18. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Not a flash, but targeted UFO floodlights, which interfered with the a key plot resolution, making it the mother of all dues ex machina contrivances. Ok, I'm over it now <takes a deep breath>.

Scope J likes this.
  19. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

Can anyone confirm what decade season 3 will be?

20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It is supposed to be set in 2010, four years after the events of the first season.

Sebastian and Gibson67 like this.
  21. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

22. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

23. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I was wondering if that was Wrench and Numbers as children?

[​IMG]

24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Same here. Ewan McGregor is usually good so I will give it a chance.

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i thought it was pretty clear that it is indeed them.

rburly likes this.