Favorite episode or episodes of a TV show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

A few scenes from my favorite Andy Griffith Show episode

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Moshe, benjis, Jimmy B. and 2 others like this.
  2. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

The Big Valley..Jarrett goes off after his fiance is killed...77 Sunset Strip-The Silent Caper,not a word is spoken the entire episode...Chyenne-big Chyenne falls for a cute woman,who is promised to someone else.

3. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

"Journey Into Violence"

Heath is kidnapped by a religious cult who blame him for the death of one of their members, and "sentenced" to lifetime hard labor as punishment. But a beautiful girl -- the dead man's widow -- promises to help him escape, if he'll take her with him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

I've seen around 40 77SS episodes. "The Silent Caper" (written by co-star Roger Smith) is certainly one of my favorites, along with:

"Reserved For Mr Bailey" -- Trapped in a deserted western town, Stu is tormented by an unseen villain. Efrem Zimbalist is the only person seen throughout the episode. Co-written by Bill Finger, co-creator of Batman.

"Once Upon A Caper". Written by Roger Smith. Stu, Jeff, and Kookie each take turns telling Rex Randolph their version of how they got together. As far as I can tell this was TV's first Rashomon episode, coming the season before The Dick Van Dyke Show.

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

South Park - Butters Bottom Bitch.

The Office - Dinner Party.

Both those leave me in stitches...

Moshe, Pete Puma and Brother Maynard like this.
  6. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

M*A*S*H- "Lifetime" (S8E11)
    The Simpsons- "Sideshow Bob Roberts" (S6E5)
    Law & Order- "Under The Influence" (S8E11)
    Rescue Me- "Discovery" (S3E2)
    House- "DNR" (S1E9)

7. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

Barney Miller, "Examination Day" (Season 8, ep. 9)
    The Bob Newhart Show, "The Last TV Show" (Season 2, ep. 1)
    M Squad, "The Twisted Way" (Season 3, ep. 15)
    O-R NBC Star Trek, "The Doomsday Machine" (Season 2, ep. 6)
    Hart to Hart, "Vintage Harts" (Season 3, ep. 19), "Harts and Fraud" (Season 3, ep. 24), and two or three others

And a few from O-R Jack Lord Five-O:
    "The Singapore File"
    "Cry, Lie"
    "Most Likely To Murder"
    "Jury of One" (Season 5, ep. 24)

(The first three on Five-O [from the second season] are not quoted as where they are in that season because of the second-season DVD release, which omitted the infamous "Bored, She Hung Herself" episode.)

8. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Brady Bunch

Try Try Again

Jan annoys everybody with her latest talent - tap dancing. The other Bradys find it crazy, and she considers herself to be a failure because she can't find a good interest. So she tries ballet and quits that too, when she ends up not being in the recital but her older and younger sister are in it.

So she signs up for the school play and "acts" as the role of a struggling artist. Later on, Jan finds out that painting is indeed her interest after all.

Fun fact: Eve really did paint the still life that would be used as a prop for the scenes where Jan is auditioning for a one act play. And that painting would play a key role in unlocking her future.

9. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

The 23 December 1970 edition of The Benny Hill Show, the first of three affected by the ITV Colour Strike. From start to finish this special is fantastic. The performances are top notch, the audience are thoroughly enjoying themselves, and he introduced that famous song Ernie in the Opportunity Knocks parody.

And I'd still say this is probably the best ending run-off gag he ever did IMO:

Solitaire1 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  10. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Monty Python's Flying Circus - I don't know the specific episode but it is the one with the worldwide hide and seek game. To my 10 year old brain when I first saw it the absurdity of that just killed me!

11. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

For Night Court, I'd say the episode where Dan saves Christine's life and he wants her to go to bed with him as thanks.

For Frasier, I'd say Ham Radio. Nobody did farce like Frasier.

12. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

Frasier - too many to name, but narrow down to:
    Give Him the Chair - Martin's chair is taken after Frasier has it accidentally dumped in the trash, and he must scour the city to find it.
    Voyage of the Damned - Roz convinces Frasier to be a celebrity guest on board a cruise, and he invites Martin, Niles, too.
    Beware of Greeks bearing gifts - Frasier's cousin gets married, and Frasier tries to fix a riff with his estranged Greek aunt, played by Patti Lupone.
    Another vote for Ham Radio, too.

13. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

Can't remember the specific episode number, but it was from Series 3.

carrick doone likes this.
  14. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The Andy Griffith Show - Man In A Hurry
    M*A*S*H - Tuttle
    All In The Family - either Class Reunion or Everybody Tells The Truth
    Cheers - The Coach's Daughter
    The Beverly Hillbillies - either the pilot or The Clampetts vs. Automation

15. Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard Forum Resident

Was just about to post:

Moshe, Pete Puma and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Absolutely my favorite episode too.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  17. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

That's one of my favorites too. In fact, both Lance White episodes are right up there.

I think my all-time favorites though are Quickie Nirvana followed by Queen of Peru. I'm also a big fan of first season episode Sleight of Hand.

18. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

Those are also both in my top 10
    I don't have any faves from s1. While a good show, it was a bit too much Marlowe and not enough Maverick. For me the first great episode is s2e1, "The Aaron Ironwood School of Success".

19. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Sleight of Hand is the only favorite that I can think of from the first season.

20. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Bender Should Not Be Allowed On Television

21. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

The White Shadow - "The Death of Me Yet"

Luke The Drifter and KevinP like this.
  22. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I absolutely love Andy Griffith, and this one is right up there as my favorite (probably tied with the pickle episode)
    "Well, you and Aunt Bee is having chicken; I'm having crow"

23. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

Breaking Bad- "Ozymandias".

One of the most emotionally gut-wrenching hours of scripted television that I can remember watching.

George Co-Stanza likes this.
  24. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Barney Miller - "Hash" (1976)

25. JonnyKidd

JonnyKidd Forum Resident

Quantum Leap has a lot of great episodes, but for me one of its best is the Season 1 episode The Colour of Truth. Sam leaps into an African-American chauffeur of a former state governor's widow. The show tackles the racism found in the Southern U.S. in the '50s and handles it quite well. It's a turning point in the show, as it showed it could discuss some of the more unsavoury bits of history.

Related is the Season 4 episode Justice, where Sam leaps into a Klansman. Riveting, heartbreaking but definitely a good episode.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.