Favorite records you're convinced NO ONE on the forum knows about

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Denti, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

There was a version of the first and only as far as I know, that had a cover that reacted like a mood ring, the cover changed color depending on your mood. "Flowers in the Rain" is a great record and the whole album is really good. I sold a bunch of copies of that album to Lenny Kravitz fans.

2. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

Brian O'Neal wrote some great stuff, it is a total shame that it took so long for both albums to be issued on cd. The Bus Boys were another group that were totally screwed by Clive Davis

EasterEverywhere and 24voltsdc like this.
  3. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Irish band The Revenants formed from the ashes of Stars Of Heaven, the group who recorded for Creation Records, not the other band of the same name.

art likes this.
  4. acdc7369

acdc7369 Forum Resident

5. melstapler

"Sound Of Heartache" is the 1967 Johnny Bush studio album funded by Willie Nelson. Bush licensed the album to Stop Records for the LP, but now the only way to get this is directly from Johnny Bush himself. The album features both Jimmy Day and Buddy Emmons on steel guitar, Jimmy plays on this particular song, an early version of 'Farewell Party.'

McLover likes this.
  6. melstapler

"Live At Last" is a rare live album only available on CD at merch table at The Grass Roots' live shows. RIP Rob Grill.

7. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

Does anyone else here own a copy of this?

[​IMG]

8. elgreco

elgreco Groove Meister

Of course, multiple copies, both LP and CD. It's not all that rare or unknown, is it? I do admit that Y&T are somewhat underrated, but they have had an impressive following over the years.

Jeff Minn likes this.
  9. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I understand, but I've loved this album since it came out in 1983 and still listen to it all the time, yet I never hear other guys, who also like hard rock, ever mention it.

Here's another one:

[​IMG]

Every song is great! The production is a little weird, with all that echo added everywhere.. Wonky EQ, too.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  10. thematinggame

thematinggame Forum Resident

Got both their albums + a cd single and saw them live in Dublin

melstapler likes this.
  11. Former Scientist

Former Scientist Now on wheels....

OK....Richard Harvey, keyboard player for Gryphon, recorded several 'themes' heralding the arrival of new computers for ICL, which were collected on an album, A New Way Of Seeing. It was only distributed to ICL staff, and though its not particularly rare it was never available retail. Interesting album, very Mike Oldfield, from a man who did a lot of soundtrack work, as well as Midnight Mushrumps, etc.

[​IMG]

drasil likes this.
  12. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

13. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Gravy - From The Hip

14. ishmaelk

ishmaelk Forum Resident

I think it's a very influential album. A favorite of mine.

Sax-son likes this.
  15. pawelgra77

pawelgra77 Member

16. ishmaelk

ishmaelk Forum Resident

Do you really think this album is good, or is it just for the sake of adding something to the list of rare albums?
    Just curious.

17. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

I'm a huge fan of Gnod, and have the version with the remix cd.

18. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

Touch was a great album (imo). Don Gallucci was also part of Don and the Goodtimes (a totally different sound, but most of them ended up in Touch).
    [​IMG]

EasterEverywhere likes this.
  19. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

Anyone who grew up in the Baltimore area in the 70s know them. They were one of the most popular bands. I had all their albums. Haven't heard them in years.

acdc7369 likes this.
  20. JAMES1192

JAMES1192 Forum Resident

Broilers 'Noir' 2014

21. ishmaelk

ishmaelk Forum Resident

This is becoming a "some of the worst album covers of all time" thread. o_O

22. melstapler

Very neat! Looking forward to the new CD by The Drays, the new band with Stephen and Eileen. Should be out sometime in 2015.

23. RoryStorm

RoryStorm Forum Resident

I remain convinced that not many folks know about The Sighs' "What Goes On" album from Charisma Records in 1992. One of the best power pop albums of all time !

melstapler likes this.
  24. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

I have this LP on Capricorn. Good stuff

25. acdc7369

acdc7369 Forum Resident

I've always read that but never talked to somebody who was actually there. Apparently Baltimore alone was enough to get Safety in Numbers to 126 on the Billboard....imagine what it would have done if they had broken through to the rest of the country

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.