Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

:laugh:

But, but, ...... it is just a TV Show, man, it should be perfectly acceptable to defy all logic and each and every rule of physics because ............... after all .............. there are no dead people rising and walking around in the real world, riiiight ? It is all about the holy SCRIPT :biglaugh: and cost cutting obviously.

Sorry I forgot to not watch the Show .... again ...... but it is so much fun :laugh:

EVOLVIST likes this.
  2. I didn't see last night's show. I plan on watching it tonight on-demand.

Where are all of the thrilling comments from last night's brilliant episode?

Dysentery is too hot to handle! :D

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Scott222C likes this.
  3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Next week is final.

Strand did what I thought he would.

Michael likes this.
  4. seg763

seg763 Senior Member

to similar to the Hershel's farm story for my tastes.

5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

:goodie:

6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Bingo. What's next on FTWD - a little town called Woodville run by a guy they call the Colonel?

Lame!

Lewisboogie likes this.
  7. dynamicalories

dynamicalories Forum Resident

Well the most recent episode was a disappointment. Glad Strand will be sticking around/didn't eat the wafer. But this cult of the dead lady influencing Nick doesn't seem like a very interesting premise--ALTHOUGH the scenes from next week where Nick says something like "I live among them" (i.e. the dead) seems interesting given his life on the fringe/halfway between life and death as an addict, which has prepared him for the new world he lives in. Time to kill off the kid who's now trying to murder Madison and her daughter?

Lewisboogie and Michael like this.
  8. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Chris is nuts.

CBC and Michael like this.
  9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, he needs to go...although I would find it impossible to do.
    The pen of the dead is utter nonsense and insulting...too much F'n drama...

10. Michael

more evil but, yes he is nuts...the things he does is evil.

11. Michael

how long is the break?

12. Hardwick? If so I agree - there is no way someone sane can show that much enthusiasm for this show week in/week out.

Diamond Dog, Scott222C and VeeDub like this.
  13. If you got paid like he does to host a live-air TV show you'd be the show's biggest fan, too. They're not going to hire someone who rips the show every week.

That said (and I really can't believe I'm writing this, as one of the show's biggest haters), I though this last episode was the best out of both seasons!

I'll be the last to apologize for any of the show's miscues and/or similarities between FTWD & TWD, yet they were bound to run across some people crazier than them. This is Mexico, after all: home of Santeria and superstition. The similarities between the Governor is very small, to the extent of keeping walkers close by; otherwise, this is a totally different angle.

I suppose I just thought that some of the characters, i.e. Chris, Nick, Strand, got turned up a notch, and their actions showed it. Moreover, since none of the other female characters have shown any real spine, it was refreshing to see Tomas' mother demonstrate some meddle, despite her misguided reasoning.

Mind you, it's not like watching Breaking Bad, and perhaps my reflections are because the bar was already set really low; still, it gave me a little hope that the cast and crew have rounded a corner and can now begin to stretch their legs.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I liked this idea that, for once, one of the regulars is not heroic, has terrible fears and flaws, and could actually become somebody they have to either take out or get rid of. Plus he's a kid, which makes it infinitely worse. It's an interesting dramatic problem.

I thought the exact same thing. I also thought the story arc with Strand was surprising and went to areas I wasn't expecting. Though I can see they're kind of getting into the same territory as the original Walking Dead with a walled villa that's not far removed from the prison, where they're protected by the infidels on the outside, but at the risk of somebody on the inside causing great damage. Even worse with a coupla dozen walkers penned in.

I still wanna know where they're watching TV from, and where all the power and water and food are coming from. It's a little bit too much like a 4-star Hilton Hotel, and not so much like an apocalyptic shelter.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Lewisboogie likes this.
  15. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I think the girl said the show was taped, but the power, etc.:shrug:rich family generators? Combo of Woodbury, the farm, the prison, and Alexandria? Mashup of Sets.

Shawn likes this.
  16. That Strand is a lot deeper than previously thought also adds to his likeability, which is something this show has seriously lacked. Nick has become a bit more likable (to me at least - mostly because he's taking responsibility), and if Chris can keep his mind together he'll be a stone cold zombie killer. If he goes off the deep end, he's toast. Of course there's the chance that Nick loses it, too, inasmuch as he could be brainwashed by the Santeria infected hostess.

As for the power, they are on an island aren't they? Not a lot of zombies? Otherwise, the pretty girl with straw for brains intimated that she was watching a VHS or DVD - something on physical media.

Interesting...I just snapped to the fact that when Tomas arrived at the church, he somehow knew that his mother poisened the parishioners. At least I'm pretty sure he did. Why else would he have had that reaction? He sure drove to the church in a hurry!

If Strand had found this out he would surely not approve of his lover's secret.

Vidiot likes this.
  17. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

When she was chopping the cilantro, I was really glad to see her drop a pinch of it on Nick's pozole.

18. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

She's going to be upset when she finds he has not gone through with the suicide pact. She wants Strand out of the way because he's a threat to her power.

19. And why is anyone afraid of an older woman? They've killed lesser threats without a qualm and it's not like she'd give much of a fight.

20. Michael

seems we've been warming up to the cast member we had a problem with...I'm glad so we can enjoy the show better!

21. Michael

it's TV...it's magic, and does not have to be explained other than it works!..ppl are not supposed to question the writing on the show! JUST accept it! LOL...

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

This is one of those story logic things where one line of dialogue, like Strand saying, "yes, we have several thousand hours' worth of DVDs to watch and a generator with 5 years of fuel" would've covered it.

23. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

Have you ever watched Jimmy Fallon? granted he is dealing with different people each night but nobody enjoys talking to someone as much as Jimmy did with Will Smith unless you are paying $5.99 a minute and her name is Bambi!

24. Michael

I agree, but that would be too easy! LOL.

25. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Look at the flowers, Chris. :laugh: