Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Looks like one of the primary characters of this show is off to join the Avatar project.

Fear the Walking Dead star Cliff Curtis has signed on for a lead role in James Cameron's four Avatar sequels, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Curtis, who is currently on hiatus, will play Tonowari, leader of the Metkayina reef people clan. Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana earlier signed deals to reprise their characters for the Avatar movies.

Curtis' credits include Trauma, Body of Proof and features The Last Airbender, 10,000 BC and Live Free or Die Hard. The movies will be made one after the other by Cameron, who has enlisted Josh Friedman, duo Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno to help him work on the screenplays.

Cameron plans to produce each of four sequels as stand-alones, and to combine them to create a saga. The original 2009 film earned $2.8 billion worldwide and remains the top-grossing film of all time at the global box office.

2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Congrat's Curtis.

3. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Plus, Curtis played Jesus in the excellent 2016 faith based film "Risen". The scenes
    of the crucifixion with him on the cross and the close ups of his face are remarkable.
    [​IMG]

4. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Adios Travis!

5. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I thought that was a pretty underwhelming two hours......but it was great to see the old
    copper from `Sons Of Anarchy' in a major role!

6. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

I wanted to see whether there was an ongoing discussion about the new season. Looks like most people are either underwhelmed, or no one gives a damn about this show anymore!

7. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

*SPOILER *

I only watched 1 hour - laughably bad. As usual. They try to get more "brutal" and "grittier" and it becomes even more of a parody ..... Troy nearly gets his eye cut out with a spoon but minutes later saves them headshooting zombies left and right. Somebody should take a spoon to the writers' eye like that and then ask them to shoot a gun. Wow, they must have some powerful painkillers in La La land.

8. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

It's the best season so far

Ridin'High and Ethan B like this.
  9. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Pretty good episode tonight. A welcome character return.

Ridin'High and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  10. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Best episode of this series ever. My humble opinion but it was hitting on all cylinders last night. I generally do not care for Fear as much as the parent show. But Ruben Blades really knocked it out of the park last night. For me, he is the saving grace of this show. I'm glad that he is back. I hope that the writers give him more to do. My head is still spinning by how absolutely great this episode was last night.

11. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Overall, I like where this season is going. Bringing Ruben Blades back and adding Dayton Callie to the cast were good calls. I'm much more interested in the characters and situations at the Otto's camp than I was with the hotel in the second half of Season 2. Kind of weird since the hotel was such a novel location, but I think it had to do with the fact that not even the writers seemed all that interested in any of the new people at the hotel..

Ridin'High and Hawkman like this.
  12. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Honestly, I could care less about these characters. I had sort of an 'oh well' moment when Travis fell out of the helicopter. They just don't move me or make me care about them. It's a weekly bet to see if Madison shows anything that looks like emotion instead of the constant scowl.

But Ruben Blades really kicks the show into high gear. I CARE about his character of Daniel Salazar. I have from day one. Last night's episode was so well done that the regular Walking Dead series has been out on notice to step up their game.

13. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I like it, but it's not everyone's Cup 'o Tea :shrug:

Lewisboogie likes this.
  14. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

I gave up after the 2nd season and a brief look at the new season left me with nothing and I hit the delete after about 45 minutes. Never liked the characters and the show is as boring as ever with ever more violence. I did enjoy the first season but by the 2nd it was becoming repetititive

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

this past Sundays episode was the best yet!

16. Michael

my thoughts exactly...

Ridin'High and Hall Cat like this.
  17. Michael

yes, nice to get away from the prima-donna crew...

18. Michael

it looks like some of us agree on this! my wife loved this as well...

Hawkman likes this.
  19. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Nary a peep about the two-hour season (or mid-season, I can't keep track anymore) finale?
    This show has become a snooze-fest of the highest order, in my opinion. If it wasn't for Kim
    Dickens, I wouldn't tune in at all. I simply can't keep my eyes off of her.

20. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

It was a good mid-season finale. I can understand why viewers may have bailed after season two, but I'm glad I gave it another chance.

21. The mid-season finale was OK, but I hope this wraps up the cowboys vs. Indians story line... I'll go watch a western if I want to see this type of thing.

22. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Just watched all available season 3 episodes yesterday. I like this show more and more. Compared to Walking Dead, FTWD characters are more developed and there's much less drag to the storyline. FTWD is brutal and to the point.

One issue: the Native Americans were easy to attack, it seems. Just drive up, have your way with them.

Question: why is FTWD called a prequel? Thought both shows were happening at the same time.

Ridin'High likes this.
  23. tommy-thewho

Hiatus is over.

Alicia still bugs me..

24. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I really enjoyed the first episode after the break. I'm preferring this to TWD by some margin now.

25. tommy-thewho

I think they found their Michonne.