Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the Carol we knew and loved...she sucks now...what a drag she is.

2. Michael

I said the same thing about Deadwood years back...well I bought the BD Box when it was on sale...LOL

3. Michael

he was promising. : (

4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

but seriously...

I expect his appearance on "Fear" will fit in the "Walking Dead" timeline somewhere after he saved Rick in the first episode, but before he met his zen master. So, before he started stalking Rick's group on the railroad tracks leading to Terminus.

5. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Well that would not be very suspenseful to have a character who is invincible.

6. Michael

funny how some of the characters in Fear started out very annoying and wound up fine...the opposite in Walking.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  7. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I read somewhere that his cross-over will bring the FTWD timeline up to date with TWD's.

Hall Cat likes this.
  8. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

The preview clips do look like there may have been a time jump.

9. Glaeken

Glaeken Forum Resident

It's been established he's leaving after the war. Which means we'll meet S4 of FTWD almost two years after S3 ended.

10. I thought this first Fear episode w Morgan was about the best from either Dead shows in several years.

11. Michael

the ending was spectacular! Can't wait to see where this goes...

12. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Good episode. I see it picked up where it left off in terms of quality.

I hope we never see Rick in Fear again.

Michael and Mazzy like this.
  13. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

I feel there at were at least 7 from last year's FTWD

Alternative4 likes this.
  14. Michael

yes, that was disturbing and looked flown in...

15. Michael

I agree...good season.

Hall Cat likes this.
  16. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

*Spoiler alert if you haven't seen season 4 episode 1*

I have to admit, after reading the glowing praise for episode one of season 4 I was a little bit disappointed. They seem to have introduced some of the inconsistencies of TWD, plus I groaned inwardly when Rick etc. appeared. The journalist is driving down the road and sees a person crouched in the road, and expresses fear and worry. Why? She's driving a SWAT armoured vehicle with mounted machine guns. I know who has the upper hand here and it wasn't the girl crouching in the road. So despite that fear, the journalist gets out and has a look and surprise surprise is ambushed. How she's hung on to that SWAT vehicle I'll never know.
    And how do the seemingly autonomous machine guns work? Is there some sort of visual sight in the cab?

I'm not that enamoured with John Dorie either. I think he's supposed to be a friendly character but he creeps me out a bit (which is probably intentional of course).

Deuce66 and Hall Cat like this.
  17. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I noticed something in Fear watching the new season episode. The walkers in Ricks world look like walking decaying sticks, that shows how much time they've been exposed to outside elements. But in Fear, when Morgan fights a couple of walkers, they look fresh and not as decayed as in Ricks world. Timeline wise, this doesn't make sense. If Morgan leaves Ricks group with walkers in advance stages of decay, shouldn't he be running in to the same type of walkers as he's travelling through the US? When that new character opened the door, you see walkers streaming out looking "healthier" than in Virginia.

18. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Maybe they haven't been dead as long? Not all walkers necessarily date back to the original outbreak.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  19. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

That totally slipped my mind and makes sense. Fresher looking zombies are those who "recently" turned. :righton:

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

and they are turning everyday...

21. Michael

those are the really bad stinky ones nearly all skeleton's...

22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

and let's ignore the fact that a vehicle like that gets what? 2-4 miles per gallon? where is she getting the fuel to keep that beast on the road and yes falling for that old trick of a non walker in need of help...very silly

Shawn and Rufus McDufus like this.
  23. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

After watching this first Episode of Season 4 I am done hate watching this dreck. This is stupider than "Zombie Nation" by far.

masswriter likes this.
  24. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I have maybe seen only 8 episodes total of Fear but I have watched the first 3 of this season. Last night's episode was a shocker, at least to me!

Witchy Woman and sixtiesstereo like this.
  25. Fear as become so much better than the original. This season is great so far.

The writing the acting the look. It’s smarter than the Rick and company Show.

Daryl M likes this.