Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Bye, bye Johnny Depp clone...

2. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I’m not happy about what happened to Nick, who kicked off the whole series and was the introduction to the show for viewers. Did something happen that wasn’t shown? Nick seemed a little too angry.

Loved seeing the bluebonnets though.

3. Andrew Chambliss: It actually goes back to season three, before Ian and I even came aboard. Frank Dillane had asked the producers and AMC if he could leave the show, because he wanted to pursue other opportunities. One of the first things we were tasked with when we came on to run season four was to find a story that would give Nick a fitting sendoff. He's been with the show from day one, so it was very important to us and to Frank to find a death for him that was emotional and one that would ripple forward throughout the storytelling.

'Fear the Walking Dead': The Story Behind That Shocking and Fatal Twist

My guess is this is why the character of Morgan was brought in, to make up for the departure of a lead character.

Lownote30 and Witchy Woman like this.
  4. We don’t know what happen to his mom. The before flashbacks show him lying in the field but to update on mom.

5. So is Madison dead too ? That would make sense based on the way Nick was acting.

Michael likes this.
  6. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Really like the new cast members. Interested in this show, again, for the first time since the first season.

Daryl M and Mazzy like this.
  7. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The second half of Season 3 was when it suddenly started getting pretty good.

8. And the regular show is quckly hitting Rock bottom.

Michael likes this.
  9. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

I barely managed to slog my way through those.

Lownote30 likes this.
  10. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

IMO, the main show's problem has been its decision to mostly follow the source material. Also, they spent *way* too much time on the Negan storyline. Negan is scarier when read from a panel - as depicted in the show, he's always been a tiresome bore. Likewise, things that make no sense are more forgivable when one's imagination mediates the action, rather than actually watching it play out onscreen. The future of this franchise, IMO, is the Fear show - provided that they give the proper writing/funding/attention that it deserves. Not being bound by an existing story *should* be liberating.

11. and WAY too many characters now on the original. I don't care about any of them....

Michael likes this.
  12. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Yeah. I mean, they do serve a purpose, which is to exist across a number of episodes or seasons, so that they can can be killed off and it's not like whacking a redshirt.

But what exactly is Rosita's deal again? I definitely already forgot where Tara came from, and why I'm supposed to care if she gets killed or not. That Jesus guy seemed potentially like a total badass a few seasons ago when he was first introduced and I was looking forward to how he was going to be used as a weapon by Rick... and then he kind of evaporated into the scenery. We'll go many episodes without seeing these and other peripheral characters, and then get an entire episode where we see almost no one else but them.

Also, IMO, the show has become highly uneven. Some episodes are clunky and/or cheesy and/or ridiculous with the plotting, yet others seem well-paced, witty and borderline intelligently-constructed. Lately, there's been too much "we're going from point A at the beginning of the half-season to point B at the end, but we have no idea how to fill up the episodes in between." I was a big fan of the post-Governor pre-Negan seasons, where things weren't so scripted and they hit a nice balance between thoughtful character development and moving the story along.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  13. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Rosita was Abraham's girlfriend, she was with him and Eugene as they came from TX to GA. Tara came from the small group where The Governor went after he left Woodbury.

14. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Its OK, they are going to slowly migrate to Fear the Walking Dead so you can not care about them there.

Mazzy likes this.
  15. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

For me, a striking difference between the two shows is I felt invested in quite a few of the characters on TWD in the first few years so as they were killed off it meant something to me. FTWD has not been able to do that. I don't really care much for this set of characters and their deaths are kind of shrug worthy. I never could get a handle on Nick and I guess now I never will.

16. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Nick was always a train wreck waiting to happen.

17. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

And this show is over......

Expect the same old, character dies, remaining characters spiral into madness (eg Morgan) and go off the rails story. Classic Gimpall. This death did not at all fit with the character and was a bad shock.

The SWAT truck crashing down the bank was also classic Walking Dead lameness, it made no sense, seemed a forced way to create drama and stalled the episode.

How badass is Alisha though, she is the character Maggie wishes she was.

18. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

Morgan's character is pretty one note and tedious.

Hall Cat likes this.
  19. Witchy Woman

Tara was with her family in an apartment building when the Governor found them.

20. Witchy Woman

I would have thought a recovering drug addict would have relapsed after taking those hallucinogens but Nick didn’t seem affected afterwards.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  21. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it's going to be interesting...I'm losing faith in Morgan and Madison is getting to be a drag. Both shows are failing, but we'll stick with them. : )

22. Michael

I agree...

23. Michael

hitting? : )

24. Michael

No, she's the lead star...

25. Witchy Woman

I thought that was a possibility as well. When I saw the previews of last night’s episode showing new scenes with her, I figured no, she must still be alive. It turns out those scenes were flashbacks so the plot thickens...