Fender Guitars...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Johnny Rocker, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Absolute gems. And the hybrid models (Hum / Tele bridge w/ coil split) are pretty much the pergect gig guitar. They do it all.

George Blair likes this.
  2. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

[​IMG]
    2017 American Pro Fender Special Run 50's Burst with Ebony neck.

3. mdent

mdent Forum Resident

Nice. I really like the feel of ebony. Though, only played Gibson's with ebony boards.

Fox67 likes this.
  4. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I love them. I have a PRS Sig with an Ebony Board and I am pretty sure the Elites / Robben Ford Model was available with an Ebony Board in one of its permutaions.

mdent likes this.
  5. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

[​IMG]
    American Vintage '59 Stratocaster Slab Rosewood 3-Color Sunburst & American Vintage '52 Telecaster Butterscotch Blonde.
    Both 2014 models.

rcsrich, Cactus Bob and seacliffe301 like this.
  6. My current fave acoustic is a Fender San Miguel, made in Korea late 1980s-early 1990s. Fender-type single tree headstock, single cutaway, rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, and nearly true intonation at the 12th fret! I just had it set up a couple of days ago. Lowest action I've ever played, set up with extra light strings. It's an entirely different feel for me. Closer to what an electric must be like, I imagine.

It's a "cheap laminate" as far as build quality, I guess- although the guy who set it up praised the sound of it. Understand, I can't tell the quality of one acoustic guitar from another, as far as tone. They all sound like magic to me, in their own ways. Don't have much experience with playing the high-end models, either, so there's that.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  7. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

Not a Fender, but - the other day, one of my best buds gave me a Tele copy (branded "Austin") that he had purchased for $60. He wanted to get a Tele-style guitar in his lineup, and eventually replaced it with the real deal. So he gave the Austin to me, and I spent the last couple nights tweaking it and getting it setup to my satisfaction.

I'll say this much - it's not a Fender. It's not even a Squier, Xaviere, or SX. But Leo got the Tele platform right. I'm fortunate that the copy has some decent pickups (the bridge sounds great) and stays in tune. This afternoon, I took it downstairs and cranked it up nice and loud, and tried different amp and overdrive settings. Even for a $60 off-brand knockoff, it's just a darned good guitar.

8. mdent

mdent Forum Resident

I can say I have owned quality Fenders (Strats and Teles) made in USA, Japan, Mexico and Indonesia. I tend to modify electronics of most guitars I own but looking forward to the Fender I don't {feel the need to modify}.

rcsrich and danielbravo like this.
  9. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Looks like the pic of Tom's Black n Chrome Tele was moved, so here it is.
    [​IMG]

Some months ago Slim (Tom's guitar tech) actually provided a more comprehensive info on that guitar and it was indeed the same "Black n Chrome" Designer Series FSR run. Still Tom's guitar is unique not to have a color matched headstock.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  10. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

I disagree, you dont have to have a set neck to get a great telecaster.

Think how many fabulous recordings have been made with Teles that were straight ahead, bolt on, not set.

None of mine have EVER been set, glued... all bolt-on and they sound like a Tele.

I'm not saying set necks are bad. I'm saying you dont have to have that to get a great telecaster.

Marty T likes this.
  11. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

You wouldn't actually be disagreeing with anyone.

Nothing wrong with the regular permutation of the Tele. I love my 52.

12. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

recorded by me, at home. Bolt on Tele. No set neck.

13. guitarpatch

guitarpatch Forum Resident

Picked up one of these used at a good price last month. It's definitely its own thing. Doesn't feel or play like a Fender at all. Carved top, set neck, and a pair of Duncans.

Also grabbed one of those FSR Squire Bullet teles in surf green that were on sale. Excellent guitar if you're looking for a cheap tele and don't mind a thin body. Love the way the neck feels on that one. Absolutely solid

Currently I also have an American Deluxe, Matching 69 + 72 FSE MIM Thinline reissues, 75 Strat, and my first Fender a Big Apple Strat

Lonson likes this.
  14. Benn Kempster

Benn Kempster Who else?

15. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

:righton:

16. Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob << Desert Rat >>

I guess I better update the lost images. :cheers:

Here are my Fenders . . . AS P-bass, AS Tele, AS Strat reverse strung, Fender Japan '67 reissue Strat

[​IMG]

AS Strat

[​IMG]

17. alexpop

:righton:
    All lefty’s.

Cactus Bob likes this.
  18. Cactus Bob

Almost :)

alexpop likes this.
  19. alexpop

What do you think of Fender Pawn Shop bass?

20. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

On my third...not including a cheap copy purchased during my teen years. I have a problem holding onto guitars...anywho, this is my second Mexican strat... I had a American that I never bonded with...not a lot of resonance. I wanted something completely different than my SG, so kept my eye open & picked up a used 2006 that was never played... getting the protective plastic off the pickguard after 14 years was a pain, but it's flawless. It's basically 50's spec, with the v-shaped neck... we'll see if it's a keeper.

They are extremely versatile guitars... I'd forgotten that fact after years of having a string of different SGs.

21. Cactus Bob

I'm not familiar with it, googling I'm seeing different version like Mustang and a Pawn Shop Bass VI.

alexpop likes this.
  22. Evethingandnothing

Evethingandnothing Forum Resident

If I were restricted to one electric guitar only it would probably be a Fender Telecaster, and most likely my trusty '77 Telecustom.

danielbravo likes this.
  23. petem1966

petem1966 Forum Resident

I'm not sure which of mine I'd pick, but if it had to be a Fender it would be my Nashville Tele. Really versatile. Plus, it's a Tele.
    My other choice would be my Dean Zelinski Tagliare. Plays great, sounds great and is HSS.

Evethingandnothing likes this.
  24. Evethingandnothing

Evethingandnothing Forum Resident

I realised after writing it that I'd be missing a whammy bar. Darn! I hate the look of Tele's with tremolo's.

petem1966 likes this.
  25. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.