Film sequels you wish had been made?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

That's been made 3 times.
    Called 'The Expendables. :)

Tree of Life and LEONPROFF like this.
  2. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

No Sonny Landham
    No Shane Black
    No Jesse Ventura
    No Bill Duke
    No Richard Chaves

I don't care who is all in Expendables it isn't as cool as this crew!

Tree of Life and alexpop like this.
  3. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

While I live 3 you make some great points!

4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

That's a completely different type of film altogether! ;)

Robert C likes this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Sounds good - let's get JJ Abrams to direct! :D

Robert C likes this.
  6. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Ferris Bueller 2: Ferris's Class Reunion

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    EVOLVIST likes this.
  7. alexpop

The Outlaw Josey Wales 2.

Larry Mc likes this.
  8. The Absent-Minded Flaneur

The Absent-Minded Flaneur Forum Resident

Five Easy Pieces II: Jack in Alaska

EVOLVIST likes this.
  9. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I would have loved to have seen a sequel to The Truman Show.
    I would like to have found of if he learned to cope with the outside world

10. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

What killed this for me is that they left the most IMPORTANT part of the book out of the movie! After that fiasco, unless they can fix that Problem, I could care less.

alexpop likes this.
  11. alexpop

I walked out as it was so predictable. Ok with DVD viewing ( not really:) ).

12. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I wish that Robert Wise had made more Star Trek movies after The Motion Picture. He brought a visualization and a sensibility to Star Trek that took the series to a higher level, intellectually and cinematically. What Wise did for Star Trek can't be put into words, and he had much better excursions on the starship Enterprise in him. One Star Trek movie per year during the 1980s directed by Robert Wise. I'd have loved that.

If Leonard Nimoy wanted to move on, fine, let him. Losing Spock would be no different than characters in Mash moving on. The films would play out just fine without him. Wise was the only director for Star Trek, so far as I'm concerned.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  13. alexpop

Pass on ..Last Tango In Paris 2. :)

But what about
    "The Kingdom Of Heaven" sequel?

14. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Return Of The Natural Born Killers

The Hud likes this.
  15. alexpop

Yellow Submarine 2.

Scope J and Scooterpiety like this.
  16. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

National Treasure 3
    Ocean's 14
    Stargate 2
    X Files 3

17. svoegtlin

svoegtlin Forum Resident

I'm ready for another Lethal Weapon film.. I know there's been some rumor about another one or perhaps a reboot.. The chemistry is still clearly in tact between the principal cast (I know 4 isn't well liked around here but I loved it).. let's get 'em together one more time.. Lethal Weapon 5: We're ALL too Old For This $hit

18. svoegtlin

svoegtlin Forum Resident

I'd also like to see a proper sequel to War Games. I know, I know, there is technically a second, but it's only in name. I'd love to see what would've become of Broderick's character.. What he'd be doing now. I think a good quality sequel could easily be done.. especially with the current political climate.

19. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I always wanted a Stargate sequel (Stargate is a top-5 all-time movie for me,) but once a TV series came into play on Showtime (and later moved to Sci-Fi,) that went away. I loved the series also. I doubt very much they would make a proper sequel to the Stargate feature film. It would more likely be another continuation or spin-off, made for TV movie for the TV series.

Now that is an interesting idea.

Maybe Broderick's character would grow up to be a Computer Scientist specializing in Artificial Intelligence continuing the work of the guy who developed the original AI used by the military. Then Broderick decides to play hookie from work, steals a car, grabs his friend and girlfriend and goes to a Cubs baseball game. While this is happening, some new teenage hacker breaks into the system, thinking he is playing a video game and accidentally causes Skynet to become self-aware. ;) After Broderick's day off, he saves the day and prevents WW III again. Then at the end, everyone at the military installation does a song and dance of "Twist and Shout" with Bueller, I mean Broderick's character, leading the song while standing on top of the boss's desk.

agaraffa, Linger63 and svoegtlin like this.
  20. alexpop

Smoking Aces pity there was a sequel.

21. CoryS

CoryS Forum Resident

Rounders

x2zero likes this.
  22. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

I can't agree with that at all, Alien 3 in it's remastered Blu ray extended Assembly Cut is the most interesting, engaging, and consistently rewarding of the trilogy (the theatrical version isn't too shabby either)... and considering how great it's two predecessors are, that's saying something; some see a depressing nihilism, I see a meditation on loss, faith, and ultimately mortality.

And as for sequels I wish were made but won't be... Dredd 2. I'm hard pressed to think of a film that deserves a sequel more, and one with so much potential and world to explore, and it wouldn't cost more than about $40m to make, alas...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    EVOLVIST likes this.
  23. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Your not alone, The Hermit. The film has its admirers. I like serious, intense dramas but not this one. It was the remastered blu-ray of Alien 3 that prompted me to post. Now it's a remastered miserable depressing bummer that violates the promises of the film that preceded it.

sunspot42 likes this.
  24. x2zero

x2zero Forum Resident

Zero Effect
    More Daryl Zero!

Linger63 likes this.
  25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Cameron goes to the reunion eager to re-connect with his old friend Ferris but finds nobody remembers anything about him. All traces of Ferris Bueller have been erased from history. Cameron investigates and at the end of the film discovers he was really Ferris all the time.

CoryS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.