Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmpatrick, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmpatrick

jmpatrick Forum Resident Thread Starter

Iron Maiden, Killers & The Number Of The Beast will be released on September 22nd.
    Piece Of Mind, Powerslave & Live After Death will be released on October 20th.

Hopefully they do these right:

Iron Maiden: http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Maiden/d...F8&qid=1407756890&sr=1-4&keywords=iron+maiden

Killers: http://www.amazon.com/Killers-Iron-Maiden/dp/B00MIWRN8A/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1407756567&sr=1-1&keywords=iron maiden

Number Of The Beast: http://www.amazon.com/Number-Beast-...F8&qid=1407756890&sr=1-3&keywords=iron+maiden

2. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

AAA? Anyone know ? I have a nice pressing of killers already. Beast I do not.

3. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Oh! Picture discs?! You said black vinyl!

4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Already got nice souding originals but if these are done correct and nice, then I might even get them.
    Was about time they start doing black vinyl instead of all those picture-discs (all albums after 1998 Virtual IX have been released only on picture-vinyl).

808_state and Szeppelin75 like this.
  5. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

All I've ever wanted was "Fear of the Dark"!!!!!

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  6. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

My Iron Maiden picture discs sound horrible.

berndt likes this.
  7. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

I'd be happy with that and the two Blaze albums. I'll grab NOTB too since my original is still sealed.

8. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

I'd really like to buy some new vinyl sometime, but I really hope these prices start to come down. $25 is still a bit steep for me for 1 record.

9. jmpatrick

jmpatrick Forum Resident Thread Starter

$25 is a bargain if these are well done. Even trashed originals sell for a bunch here in Detroit.

heepsterandrey likes this.
  10. Lpone

Lpone Forum Resident

I hope they release the entire catalogue on black. I would love to get the last 4 albums on black vinyl!

Machiventa and Wally Swift like this.
  11. gregk72

gregk72 Forum Resident

I was disappointed that the picture discs and bought none. I'm getting excited about this news, provided of course it is a good recording.

Any news on the mastering? Originals?

12. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

I hope these are done correctly as I need more Maiden on LP.
    $25.29 on Amazon CA

13. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

You shure this is black vinyl?. I have clean copies of the first 8 albums. But i may go for Fear of The dark and No Prayer if they are released.

14. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Just emailed Sunrise Records and they have no info on these yet.

15. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

They are cheaper on Bull Moose

16. Szeppelin75

How cheaper?

17. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Sadly Bull Moose doesn't ship to Canada.

18. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

There's another thread on these here and Chris from Bull Moose says he doesn't have any info yet on these (black vs picture discs or whatever). I hope these are well done, but I'm only missing nice copies of Number and 7th Son, and for Number I might just get an original UK...Might as well start at the top.

Wally Swift likes this.
  19. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

With Maiden's track record, I'm not holding my breath. Of course, I'm hoping for good reissues, ala Rhino Sabbath, Van Halen, Ramones, etc.

Brudy and Szeppelin75 like this.
  20. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

21. Szeppelin75

22. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

Well if these are well done I'll be replacing my US pressings, they're kinda beat up. I won't replace my UK vinyl though.

23. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I hope they do the Blaze records and the last four as well.
    Now the BIG question ? Mastering.

24. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Iron Maiden’s celebrated 1980s catalog is set for another re-release this fall.

Yes, you might exclaim “WTF?” … It’s been less than two years since the band rolled out their 1980s records on picture disc vinyl. But the recent aquisition of EMI by industry juggernaut Warner Music Groupmight have led to another couple of ideas further up the chain.

September 22 will see the release of the band’s debut album Iron Maiden, along with Killers and The Number Of The Beast, this time hopefully on 180g black vinyl.

The next three records follow on October 20: Piece Of Mind,Powerslave and Live After Death.

The big question is whether these vinyl versions will be printed from the original masters or the much loathed 1998 remasters. The 2012-13 picture discs were original masters, but the sound quality of picture discs doesn’t do them justice anyway.

What do you think? Money, money, money? Or happy to finally have a decent vinyl re-release to spin?

(There are also unconfirmed rumors that the early 1980s singles will see a vinyl re-release this fall.)

jeffreybh likes this.
  25. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

Done right, these could well be worth having regardless of the quality of earlier pressings.

royalcrown, Clanceman and Szeppelin75 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.