"Finding Nemo" DVD out Nov. 4th.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dan C, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer Thread Starter

Just saw the ad on TV tonight.
    I saw this movie 7 times last summer and I can't wait to own the DVD!:) Just put it on the growing list of "must own" like the Looney Tunes and Raiders sets. The hell with the phone bill next month...;)

Dan C

2. Dan C

Bump!
    I can't possibly be the only one here who's looking forward to this DVD, can I?!:eek:

Here's a detailed preview on the "Collector's Edition" DVD, which hits the streets this Tuesday.

http://www.dvdtoons.com/reviews/239

Dan C

3. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

Oh no, Dan. Believe me, you are not the only one looking forward to it. I have to have that DVD in my hands on my way from work on Tuesday or else I will be denied entrance to my house by my kids.

Wonderful movie although honestly I have not yet read up on the extra goodies...thanks for the link.

4. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I'll probably go grab it Tuesday at Target or anywhere else (except Best Buy) that has it cheap. :D Thing is, I still have to get the Spongebob first season box set, the Warner toons, and the Peter Gabriel "Growing Up" tour DVD. Not to mention that I forgot to get Brian Setzer's new CD, "Nitro Burnin' Funny Daddy". This could be an expensive week. :eek:

5. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I will picking this up too (along with a few other DVDs - actually Tuesday will probably kill my credit card!!! - with the CDs, SACDs and DVDs I will be purchasing). High on my list, though, is "Finding Nemo" - I love this movie.

7 times!!!! Wow - that is a lot. I don't even think I have watched any movie I love or own that many times (just not enough time in the day to get to everything I own and want to watch and listen to). :)

6. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

You're telling me.. Finding Nemo, X-Files Season 8, Honeymooners Classic 39 on DVD, Peter Gabriel DVD, Bowie "Reality" SACD, REM "In Time" DVD-A, John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman SACD, Ryan Adams EP (his Rock and Roll CD I will wait for on SACD), Peter Gabriel "Hit" (gotta have for my completist Gabriel collection)...
    And than what about the next week and the next week, and the......

Poor House here I come. :laugh:

7. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I'll be grabing it too but I should put it up with the Looney Tunes collection until Christmas for the kids. I just don't know if I can wait that long.... Then again too it almost feels like I'm getting the kids presents for me thats not fair now is it!

8. Dave D

Dave D Done!

It's on the agenda for Tuesday.....visit BB on the way home to buy it. AND you get free Sea Monkeys!!!!:)

9. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

I saw a Circuit City Ad, which says they'll have it for $14.99. I'll definately be picking this one up tomorrow!

10. -=Rudy=-

Why not? I do it all the time! :D :laugh:

11. floyd

floyd Senior Member

great then we can feed the sea monkeys to our clown fish!

12. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

My local Wal Mart has it for $9.95 for 2 days only.

13. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Yow! $9.95?! It's a 2 disc set, right?

14. Dan C

Yeah, 2 DVD set. $9.95 is impossible to beat. Not sure what my town's Wal Mart is pricing it, but Target has it for around $15.

Dan C

15. -=Rudy=-

Got mine for around $15 today locally...didn't have time to go running around comparing prices. :)

As far as watching it, I'll be so busy for the next few days, I probably won't see it until the girls watch it with me this weekend. :)

16. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Same here - Target $14.99...

Probably Thursday Night at best for us :) Looking forward to it!

17. Dave D

Dave D Done!

:( They didn't have any sea monkeys!

18. Chris Desjardin

Yup, 2 discs in a slipcase. And you get a cd-rom game free (they claim it's a $9.95 value). I asked the cashier if I could remove the $9.95 value cd-rom and just take the DVD's for free. She didn't think it was funny.

Some guy before me in line bought 85 copies!

19. -=Rudy=-

Either a dealer, or eBay seller...

20. Dan C

Loss Leaders

Exactly. Smaller dealers can't get the price Wal Mart gets. In fact, I bet Wal Mart lost money on every single one of those DVDs. :thumbsup:
    I'm really surprised that they let him buy that many. Isn't there usually a "no dealers" provision on sales like this?

Dan C

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I'd be pissed if I came in behind that guy and didn't get that deal.

22. Chris Desjardin

Re: Loss Leaders

I bet they did lose money on it. However, they probably got a sweet deal from Disney to try to help it possibly become the best selling DVD of all time, or something like that...

23. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I had my wife pick Nemo up Tuesday night when she was out shopping. She forgot it in the car when she came in and the kids found it the next morning. Oh well so much for holding on to it for Christmas... damn I wish they had found the Loony Tunes instead thats the one I wan't to watch.:)

24. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

I avoided this thread until I went to Wally World on Thurs. to pick up my copy of "Finding Nemo", on DVD of course! It is brilliant!!! I was amazed by the amount of research/field trips done by PIXAR to get the fish & their environment right. It paid off BIG TIME!!!

25. duse

duse Senior Member

I did not see a topic on this board, but I wanted to get some opinions on the "glow" that surrounds Marlin when he is talking with Dory (sp) near the beginning of the movie. I had never seen the movie before, and just watched it last night. I thought maybe it was my TV, so I fiddled with the controls. I saw on another board that it was intentional, but I did kinda find it annoying. I guess I'm not so bothered, since it is the movie and not a problem with my TV. What is the consensus here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.