First Kiss Record you got into & your favorite?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Evil Strawberry, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Strawberry

Evil Strawberry Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just another one of my old and stale questions. But i wanna know what was the first Kiss record you heard?
    For me it was probably everyone intro to Kiss but it was Destroyer On Cassette but at first I thought it was meh but then I later came to love this album as it just a good piece in the 70s era Kiss. But my favorite is hands down The S/T album Just so well done and well made.

2. cgoodwin22

cgoodwin22 Senior Member

First record i got was 'Hotter Than Hell'...but my favorite is 'Rock and Roll Over'....

3. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Double Platinum. I then got into their whole discography as a young kid. I don't listen to Kiss much these days, but maybe once a year or so, i'll play Double Platinum. Good music in this band though. The whole makeup / marketing thing makes me shy away as an adult though.

Evil Strawberry likes this.
  4. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

Kiss Alive on both counts. :righton:

5. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

Me too. Early spring 1976.

boboquisp likes this.
  6. Evil Strawberry

Evil Strawberry Forum Resident Thread Starter

Double Platinum was the 2nd Kiss album i got into So much good stuff on it but My Lp is worn to death with side 2 having a nasty scratch but the records plays well. and it was the abum that made me want to check out the other Kiss albums But Destroyer was the first Kiss Studio album I've Heard.

7. Mike Rivera

Mike Rivera Senior Member

Kiss Alive II in the late 1970's while in high school. Then on to Destroyer and Rock and Roll Over. Soon after that I saw them around the same time at the Cow Palace (San Francisco), my 2nd concert after BTO in the same venue. Don't listen to them much anymore, the make-up thing got old for me ...

8. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

9. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

First record I got: Hard Luck Woman
    Favourite: None, really.

10. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

'I was made for loving you, baby!'

I was only 8 years old when this tune was a big hit. During that time went to my friends house who had his older cousin's KISS records. He had Dynasty, Destroyer and KISS Alive. We would all play air quitar and air drums during that summer of 79 and i've been hooked since. Those were good fun innocent times.

11. bataclan2002

bataclan2002 All You Need Is Now.

In strict order, all in the first six months of 1978:
    Alive II
    Love Gun
    Destroyer
    KISS
    Double Platinum
    Alive!

Favorite is Destroyer. Yes it’s kind of an anomaly, but also quintessential KISS. Sounds paradoxical to say that, and maybe it is.

Jupitermadcat, YardByrd and carlwm like this.
  12. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Alive! and Destroyer

Jupitermadcat likes this.
  13. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

First album was Alive and it's still my favorite today.

If we're talking just studio albums - I'm not certain but I think my first studio album was Destroyer. Favorite is Dressed To Kill.

YardByrd likes this.
  14. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

The debut at the get go.

15. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

KISS Alive. I immediately went back and bought that vinyl 3 pack. My favorite is Alive. But studio is Dressed To Kill followed closely by Rock N Roll Over.

Evil Strawberry likes this.
  16. Cabin_Essence

Cabin_Essence Member

First time I heard A Kiss album was Rock and Roll Over. I was playing Dungeons and Dragons in my neighbors basement in the early 80’s . I don’t remember necessarily loving the album, but was mezmorized by the album art.

17. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

I bought Creatures Of The Night & Dynasty on the same day. It boggled my mind that it was the same band. Loved 'em both though.

Having revisited the catalogue for the song-by-song thread, I reckon that the Elder, Paul's solo record & Hot In The Shade currently occupy the favourite position. Subject to change, natch.

The catalogue holds up surprisingly well. Even the grunge album has its moments. Be happy never to listen to Animalize again though, a couple of Paul tracks notwithstanding.

YardByrd likes this.
  18. rocknsoul74

rocknsoul74 Forum Resident

First Kiss album I heard was Rock and Roll Over on 8 Track. My favorite now probably is Creatures Of The Night.
    [​IMG]

19. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

Rock and roll over. Inherited it from an aunt with a few other 70s albums. Some had “residue” in the jackets, especially the gate folds.

Jupitermadcat, jeffd7030 and YardByrd like this.
  20. 86mets

86mets Counting Crows #1 Fan

KISS Alive was the first album I bought
    Favorite KISS is Love Gun
    First KISS concert was during the Rock and Roll Over tour at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale NY 2/21/77...

21. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Destroyer, and then I started digging deep when I got the 20th Millenium collection

Favorite is Hotter than Hell

22. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

Got RARO when it was brand new in the stores... I was 8 and it was first record I ever bought by anybody... still my fave studio LP by them... Alive II is my all time fave, though...

23. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I had heard the first original studio albums on my local AM radio station WSAY in Rochester, NY, and my good friend bought all their albums prior to KISS Alive. But for me, the first album from KISS that I bought and got into heavily was KISS Alive. Game changer for sure.

24. Shriner

Shriner Forum Resident

Destroyer was my first. My favorite is still probably that. Or Music From The Elder (and I don't say that to be contrary...)

Though these days if I put anything on KISS-related, 90% of the time it's the Paul Stanley solo album.

carlwm likes this.
  25. SurrealCereal

SurrealCereal Forum Resident

I heard the first four all around the same time. Hotter Than Hell was probably my favorite at the time. It’s very rare for me to listen to Kiss now, but if I had to choose a favorite, it would be the first one, or maybe Dressed to Kill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.