Flamin' Groovies 'Teenage Head' reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hfarrior3, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hfarrior3

hfarrior3 Worst pressing ever ... Thread Starter

I see where Elemental Music reissued 'Teenage Head' recently. I don't own a copy of this on vinyl so I figured this would be as good as any other reissue. Has anyone purchased this yet and have an opinion on it? I think it was just released this past Friday.

2. Scott McBride

Scott McBride Forum Resident

Just located a copy of this in one of my locals. I would also like to know opinions of those who have heard it. I need a good copy of this record!

3. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Does anyone know who did the remastering? Looks like it may be remixed too based on the discogs page for it. I would think if it was a big name remaster cut from original analog tapes itmwould be mentioned somewhere, so I’m curious to see if anyone has info or listened to it. Thanks!

4. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Coincidence time: I have the Comp CD Groovies Greatest Grooves playing as I first saw this ! :winkgrin:

5. hfarrior3

I was given this as a Father's Day present and think it sounds great. However I don't consider myself an audiophile and don't have another pressing to compare it to. It's such a great album.

6. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

I agree that it’s a great album, almost as great as your avatar...

hfarrior3 likes this.
  7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

This and a Flamingo are my two fave Groovies LPs.

I spent a little time and got original Kama Sutra pressings. Nothing like originals with original artwork strikes.

Not that rare of albums so long as one does not demand very first labels. I think mine are the light blue Adam & Eve style graphics.

8. hfarrior3

This is the only Groovies album I own. I'll probably pick up 'Groovies Greatest Grooves' at some point.

9. Andrew Kyriacou

Andrew Kyriacou OK I'm not an audiophile, but I love good music.

Both great LPs picked up both in the early 70s as imports from the USA.

I liked the various incarnations including their 'Beatles' period, in fact saw them at Brunel University around 1976 and they were great. Have some of the later stuff too a great band.

Sorry didn't answer you question but unless they have messed it up you should find it enjoyable.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    hfarrior3 likes this.
  10. MBT68

MBT68 I remember dates, names, numbers...

I was lucky to find this NM Kama Sutra Press.
    Great record from first to last..
    [​IMG]

hfarrior3 likes this.
  11. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

I've known of The Groovies for 40yrs but never immersed myself.
    Through The iORR site, I found this LP. I have to say that if there's
    a sound that suggests what The Stones may have sounded like in
    1972 if Brian Jones had stuck it out and returned to slide guitar.

12. Twangy

Twangy Forum Resident

after falling under the spell of "Shake Some Action" from a cut-out bin in 1977, whilst in high school, i remember finding a sealed "Teenage Head" at a record store in Cape May NJ, not long afterwards, and thinking 'who the heck are these guys? they don't sound anything like the 'SSA' guys!'....took me MANY years to FINALLY appreciate the greatness of "Teenage Head"......much as i did for Big Star, when the only available new albums in 1978 was "Third" which sounded nothing like their two eps before it!!!! Couldn't figure that album out at the time either!!! :)

13. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I didn’t ask a question.

Find what enjoyable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.