Fleetwood Mac - Buckingham McVie album for 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

Great clips. Hard to fake emotions and excitement shown there. They seem thrilled

willy likes this.
  2. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Man oh man, they sound so good.

3. 7MusicFan6

7MusicFan6 Forum Resident

I love the three songs I have heard on Spotify, and I will buy this CD. It bothers me that there will be no Stevie Nicks, just as it bothered me that there was no Lindsey on Behind the Mask and no Christine on Say You Will.

I accept it for what it is: great new songs by two of my favorites of all time.

MikaelaArsenault and willy like this.
  4. Kit2010

Kit2010 Too far gone

Thanks for posting this video. But reading here that it contain clips from the album means I won't be watching it till my Amazon order of the vinyl and CD arrive and I've had the relaxing listening evening to myself that I've been looking forward since the release date was announced. Can't stand spoilers! But the video is sure to add to the enjoyment. Thanks!

MikaelaArsenault and Porkpie like this.
  5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

6. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I take back my initial negativity to the 3 released songs -- after listening to the album stream, they work perfectly as part of the entire album. Some really lovely Christine tunes, especially the closing number and one other piano ballad (not sure of the title). I'm looking forward to picking up the vinyl next week.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    theMess and lennonfan1 like this.
  7. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

theMess, driverdrummer and rstamberg like this.
  8. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

9. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

That doesn't work in the Netherlands... I did get to listen to Red Sun, another one which could have been on her last solo album.
    I.e. it's restroom music

audiomixer and WeepingWall like this.
  10. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The interviewer is confused because when they spoke about this project in the past, they clearly meant it to be the next Fleetwood Mac album. Now that Stevie has declined to participate they are spinning it as if it was a duo project, or "just some songs we were working on" from the start. So Lindsey and the publicist are shutting down that line of inquiry because they don't want this record thought of as "the unfinished Fleetwood Mac album."

I spoke to Christine last year and asked her where this Fleetwood Mac album is: Mick had said he wants to make another one, Stevie [Nicks] said it was unlikely, Christine said seven tracks were done. What’s going on?

I don’t know! There’s nothing going on. You make it sound like there’s some sort of hidden secret. There’s nothing there. We get together, we tour … If there’s any idea that we want to do at some point, obviously we’ll do it. But I don’t think anyone feels a great need to do that at this point.

Christine told me it was half done. TO MY FACE. [3]

What’s half done? [At this point Lindsey’s publicist comes on the line and suggests quite strongly that we focus on the Buckingham/McVie album] I don’t know what Christine was talking about. I think she was mis-speaking there …

11. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

so refreshing to be able to talk about this excellent album, it will make me get over the horrible Sgt. Pepper surround mix.
    I'm liking these songs a lot, they flow pretty well together and it's such a generally happy upbeat vibe. Carnival Begin is just a classic.

Lewisboogie and WeepingWall like this.
  12. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

whisper3978 and Porkpie like this.
  13. pdenny

I've had a promo CD for a couple of days and it has hardly left my player. Just a fun, short and sweet (>40 minutes) album from two of the greatest songwriters ever. For all intents and purposes it's a Fleetwood Mac record without Stevie. Yeah it's kinda loud but it could have sounded so much worse. 567 stars out of 10.

utopiarun, theMess, duggan and 7 others like this.
  14. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I've been previewing the 4 songs up on Tidal. I was looking forward to this release, but , boy, are these 4 songs boring. I find it to be a weak effort. Very disappointing...too bad.

15. pdenny

It does have all the sonic hallmarks of typical LB solo efforts, so if you're not into that I see how you might have that reaction.

16. lennonfan1

I'm loving this album, just really fun bouncy songs with some serious reflection lying underneath.

Lewisboogie and Jamey K like this.
  17. audiomixer

Nor does it have the brilliant songwriting techniques of previous material. And the lack of production creativity is bothering me, too. A missed opportunity for sure.

18. audiomixer

...with a heavy emphasis on the " really fun bouncy" part. :shake:

19. TimM

TimM Senior Member

I've been listening to the first four songs also and am enjoying them a lot. I don't remember ever expecting anything besides great pop/rock music out of Fleetwood Mac, and this sounds like that to me. Obviously you have every right to think otherwise. It will save you $12.:angel:

JDeanB likes this.
  20. audiomixer

I'll just stream it on Tidal if I have the desire to listen to it. :D

21. TimM

TimM Senior Member

Good call.

22. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

23. lennonfan1

wait till you hear some of the best album tracks like Carnival Begin, Too Far Gone, and Love Is Here To Stay. great stuff in their finest tradition IMO.

24. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I listened to the album 2 times on NPR 1st Listen. I concur that the songs are weak, except I liked the last song, 'Carnival Begin'. Maybe at their age, it is just hard to write great songs, as it happens to most other Music Artists around 70 years old.

MikaelaArsenault and audiomixer like this.
  25. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Even so-so new Buckingham-McVie would still be new Buckingham-McVie. It's kind of like the weakest Beatles song is still going to have a lot going for it.

theMess, willy, WalkAThinLine and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.